So There's a Musical Group Called "Anami Vice."

Topic started by ZombiePie on July 13, 2011. Last post by matti00 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

No I know a lot of you have wonder about if Anime Vice made music what genre of music would make. Now your question has been answered! Many thanks to Psycosis from Giant Bomb for finding this musical group:

As if that wasn't hilarious enough the Production studio that Anami Vice works with is called Whiskaye Films.... Is this a funny coincidence? Ethan's attempt to make Anime Vice viral to increase profits? Or is it Anime Vice's version of Game Bomb? I go with the Game Bomb theory.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Wow...nice find, ZombiePie. I love just how odd is it that both their band name and the studio that records them are oddly similar to both AnimeVice and Whiskey Media. xD

Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Wait... @zombiepie: It seems to me that the only reason you're posting this was because: 
a) It was on Giant Bomb first 
2) It resembles the name of this particular website, and 
D) It was produced by Whiskaye Media

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: Yes.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,195 posts) See mini bio Level 20

"This is that holy shit moment" ...huh, no kidding.

I didn't think much of it until I saw the Whiskaye Films part. What the hell.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17
ehh...
@zombiepie: I just HATE it when I nail it on the pingas...

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: If it isn't illegal and he/she doesn't say "no" there's no reason to stop.

@zombiepie: Unless they're under 16/17/18, depending on what state you're in...
Post by Bigheart711 (3,807 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Definitely a lawsuit waiting to happen. :S
Post by matti00 (28 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Definitely a summerjam waiting to happen.

Post by MattyFTM (14 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Anami responded on the Giant Bomb thread:

AnamiVice said:

@Psycosis: Somebody tweeted @ me and let me know about some controversy brewing here. Well, I can only say that what we have here is a genuinely freaky coincidence. Anyhow, sorry for any confusion and sorry to those who don't like the music and were unduly exposed. To all of you who subscribed/followed and left friendly remarks, much love!

And he explained on twitter about the names:

Anami is my first name People used to call me Anami vice because it sounds like miami vice and they could remember it that way.
The guys who owns the film company is named Jameson. Get it? Jameson.... Whiskey. So yeah, I would say that's kinda freaky :)

So this seems like one big ass coincidence. A crazy coincidence, but a coincidence nevertheless.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel