So I read up on the OBD

Topic started by justanormalguy on Jan. 25, 2012. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10

And I see their complete dislike for Dragon Ball Z. I mean, when I look at some of the arguments made on that forum that bashes DBZ, I have to ask myself....

"Do these guys even read the manga?"

You know, I laugh hysterically when they classify Son Goku as only a multi-planet buster as a SSJ3, when Frieza was a multi-planet buster. That's probably the most ridiculous one I see on there. And then they get into arguments about "hyperbole" and "abc logic" and some other wanking garbage that I just keep laughing. I mean, this site is supposed to be taken seriously, but you have these people who take fictional characters so seriously, they try to ruin the series entirely for the fans. It's almost like they want Akira Toriyama to go back, and re-write the entire manga from scratch with scientific evidence to support fictional characters, where the manga originally was only meant to be used for entertainment purposes, not wanking fanboy debates. I mean, and then you read their debating methods. They get so rude and cruel towards people. It's ridiculous. THIS website is supposed to be the "it" crowd when it comes to debating? My goodness, what a terrible representation. You'd think someone would just read the manga and accept what the mangaka told us in the manga, but no. They need to try and analyze scientifically something, that in the first place doesn't involve science at all. You let me know when I can fire a kamehameha from my hands. I mean, really?

I see poster "willyvereb" on here is a moderator on there. Perhaps he can shed some light on this topic for me much clearer. Because I am a fan of DBZ, and no matter what wank hate goes on in the OBD, I go by what is said in the manga. If Toriyama wrote Cell can blow up the Solar System, you better believe I will believe what the mangaka wrote. That's his work, pen and peper proof. This isn't some hyperbole scientific experiment that needs to get broken down. It's fictional characters. Do people even hear themselves when they argue over fictional characters? I mean, really? The amount of "focus" they put into trying to wank hate a character could be put into something productive, like logging off the computer. I ask these questions because I enjoy debating for fun, but the amount of wank hate debaters on the internet really make me say "forget this. I'm gonna actually go do something else. Something productive instead of wank hate fictional characters."

P.S. This doesn't only apply to DBZ. That website wank hates pretty much everything. Like Kizaru traveling light speed. Clearly Oda, the MANGAKA, made Kizaru be able to travel light speed because he is a being of LIGHT. But no, he can't travel light speed..... even though he is a being of light...... yeah, the stupidity in trying to say a being of light can't travel light speed is like saying chocolate milk can't be chocolate because there's no chocolate cows.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,284 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@justanormalguy:

So where is your proof, that goku is more then a multi-planet buster? I would like to see a statement and also I would like to see or a back up statement of Cell destroying a Solar System (if not it a Hyperbole, since no one in canon have shown that kind of feat)

Also why just don't use the site?

they try to ruin the series entirely for the fans.

That just dumb, they can't ruin series (unless you a fanboy and get mad about every little thing)

This isn't some hyperbole scientific experiment that needs to get broken down

Then don't go in the Battle threads, it fun to brake things down and also you get to learn new things to

P.S. They have Kizaru traveling light speed

Post by Dream (7,677 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
You need more proof than exaggerated statements coming from characters. At most, we only ever saw planets getting destroyed from DB characters.

While there are some OBDers who are complete scumbags in my occasional trips to the forum, there is a much wider and diverse number of anime/ manga titles brought up in debates and matches than what is normally covered in Vice Battle threads considering the majority of matches here on Vice consist of popular shounen titles like DBZ and anything from the HST.
@Destiny - Oh, I don't know..... maybe how Akira Toriyama designed the series? How the characters increase in power level? I mean, he did create the scouter for a purpose, to be able to analyze and see a characters power level. The higher your power level, the more you can do. Oh, but don't mind me. I'm clearly running on hyperbole by going what Akira Toriyama put in the series. You're right. Lol. Learn to read manga bro. @Dream - Exaggerated statements from fictional characters..... think about that one.... I don't think I need to say any more other than 'what the mangaka writes, he writes for a purpose.' An exaggerated statement would be my stock Honda Civic can beat a stock Ford Mustang in a race. That's reality, and that's provable. Fictional characters? What the mangaka writes is the evidence and proof that you need. If you don't like it? E-Mail Toriyama and ask him to rewrite DBZ. Lol. Good luck though.
Online Now

@justanormalguy:

He only use the scouter for two arcs and you haven't proof nothing. Really is this all you have for your defense, you are no better then the OBD

That's reality, and that's provable. Fictional characters? What the mangaka writes is the evidence and proof that you need. If you don't like it? E-Mail Toriyama and ask him to rewrite DBZ. Lol. Good luck though.

LOL! You can proof stuff in fiction to if the Mangaka is good enough, it just seem to me that you just lazy and don't want to debate

Online Now
@justanormalguy: Ignorance must be bliss if you tell people "just take it for what I think it is and shut up". 
@Destiny - Do you even hear yourself? You are contradicting yourself. Akira Toriyama clearly put the evidence in his own series. If you don't want to accept it, then that's you bro. I'll be here, taking the manga for the truth that is written in it, and you can try and bash it all you like. Also, trying to prove something scientifically is not possible unless the evidence is there. Clearly going on evidence... from a mangaka.... who makes the series the way he wants it..... yet to you doesn't put a scientific reasoning behind things so then it is hyperbole..... that's the pro thing to do. Try and make your own assumptions to try and correct the original mangaka. Lol. Good luck bro. :) @Dream - Nice one bro. Is that what you tell people when they argue about fictional characters and don't see eye to eye to you? Arguing fictional characters is like running in the special olympics. Figure out the rest of that please. :)
Online Now
@justanormalguy: Do you even listen to yourself? You're basically telling people to just blindly take the manga for what its worth and not even bother disputing it, especially considering that anyone with no bias for DB would know the series is loaded with enough inconsistencies and hyperbole to make so-called feats that biased fans like to spew such as "lulz Cell's a solar system buster", "DB characters are massively FTL" and "Buu can destroy the universe" disputable because all we get are character statements that clearly don't match up to the clear consistent feats we seen of the characters throughout the series.  

Arguing fictional characters is like running in the special olympics.

Now you're being a hypocrite, especially as you have made matches in our Battle forum and made a poor attempt at arguing that AT Fields could hold up against ki blasts from DBZ characters. If you are gonna call me and others debating about fictional characters retarded, then you are just as retarded as us.
@Dream - And yet again bro, trying to bash what the original mangaka wrote. Don't blame me that I go with what the mangaka writes, while you guys wank hate the manga and try to say "oh no this is wrong", when Toriyama gives us all the evidence in the world in those black and white manga pages. But you're right bro, I'm stupid for going by the manga. Lolololololzz! And, I never said I didn't like debating. It's fun. However, I don't wank hate and say "AT Fields can't stand up to Kamehamehas because the lulzcannon beats it and its weaker than the kamehameha." Well the lulzcannon is specifically designed to pierce AT fields, and the lulzgrenades, but no since they are specifically designed to pierce it, that's a weak showing for the AT field. *ASSUMPTION ALERT. ABC LOGIC TIEM* The Kamehameha will pierce it too. ** Yeah bro... lemme know when Goku shows up in Eva-Verse.
Post by Fehafare (9,393 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@justanormalguy: Well fist of all, you say you like to debate but you say that you don't like proofs, which is contradictory as that is the whole point of debating.

Something a character said is not a proof unless we say that the character never lies and that he has omniscience, then i would take his word for real.

Now for the "what the mangaka writes, he writes for a purpose". Yes i agree there is purpose behind it. In this case the purpose is to show Frieza's character. That way arrogance and lying are added to him.

Why?

Because:

1. Him being an villain (a bland, evil one to be precise) would support these character traits.

2. It would be a very big nconsistencies in the series as it makes no sense that many other characters from the series that are much more stronger than him never performed said feat nor were they mentioned to be able to do so.

So unless you have a real proof of him being galaxy level, it's nothing you can use in a debate.

And now that i am at it, you are talking about hardcore "wank hate" and being too much focused about fictional characters but you create a thread just so you can say that Freiza is galaxy level and that everyone hates DBZ because they take common sense over a lie/inconsistencies/hyperbole.

Online Now

@justanormalguy:

Do you even hear yourself? You are contradicting yourself. Akira Toriyama clearly put the evidence in his own series. If you don't want to accept it, then that's you bro. I'll be here, taking the manga for the truth that is written in it, and you can try and bash it all you like. Also, trying to prove something scientifically is not possible unless the evidence is there. Clearly going on evidence... from a mangaka.... who makes the series the way he wants it..... yet to you doesn't put a scientific reasoning behind things so then it is hyperbole..... that's the pro thing to do. Try and make your own assumptions to try and correct the original mangaka. Lol. Good luck bro. :)

You clearly are acting like a troll, since you don't act like this on the other thread you on "bro"

@Fehafare: TL;DR. You probably just said "blah blah you're wrong for going by the manga" and repeating verbatim what everyone else said. Sorry bro, manga > fan assumptions. :)

@Destinyheroknight: Me being serious.... means I'm trolling...... that makes no sense.... since clearly I'm being serious in this thread.....

Loving this site's posts right now. OBD are "scientists". LOL! Love when they talk about them like that. Too true.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/The_OBD,_Outskirts_Battledom._It%27s_faults_and_pros.

@justanormalguy: So you just said "I am right, the rest of the world is wrong". As i said an unwritten rule of "debating" is to ignore inconstant feats or something that looks like a hyperbole. If you don't like it don't debate the rules won't change for you.

And again you says people are too serious about it but you made this thread just to prove that a certain character from a series you like can do something... and then you even fail at proving it.

Teal Deer, bro. Teal Deer.
Post by Yusuke52 (426 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@justanormalguy: Unfortunatly anyone can say they can do something, but proving they can do it is another matter entirely. Yes it was claimed by people the Cell was a Solar System buster... Did he destroy one to prove his strength? No, so why should I believe what he said if their is no proof to back up a claim like that. Then you will follow up with "Prove that he cant", but before you do ask yoursel this, Has he ever exerted anywhere near enough power to even show he is able to pull it off, or has he destroyed multiple planets (and im talking in excess of 10-20) in one blast? If you can show irrefutable evidence of either then I will believe he can.

You are getting mixed up in what the character says and what the author says. The author being an Omniscient Narrator can make any clain they want to and I would believe them because they are all knowing and I cannot argue against them, On the other hand using what a character in said piece of fiction says was Word of God is silly if they cannot back it up with a display of power. The character IS NOT the author, he must write and convey emotion through the character that are not his own, and that is what you dont understand. The Trade Federation claimed their sheilds were impenetrable, and yet they were broken. A prime example of my point above,

I can claim I can destroy stars and planets with ease, and unless you are me you would not know any better so you would take my word for it? No unless you are an idiot you would ask me to prove it to you or I am unable to do it.

Everything that has been wrote or said is not always true unless it can be proven my friend.

I read one sentence and I didn't continue. You are repeating verbatim what everyone else said. Bringing science into fiction is like going into the Disney store and asking for Spongebob toys. You won't get anything out of it. Trying to bring science into fiction rests solely upon assumptions. Since the writer gave you no scientific formula or anything at all to work with beforehand, through footnotes or anything, you start making assumptions by what you THINK is truth. That's the core behind fictional debating. All assumptions. I would rather take the mangakas word for what it is than assume something that he didn't put in the manga.

@justanormalguy: Well, maybe you should actually read those nice advises everyone gives to you, on less kind site you would get a few sarcastic and insulting replies and then locked.

That Akira put that one little sentence there doesn't prove anything, it could mean a thousand things. So "you start making assumptions by what you THINK is truth".

You probably won't accept it, but i tired.

Now if you excuse me i am downloading ToAru and i got other things to do as well.

Cool bro. If other sites got mad, I'd tell them to stop nerd raging and I'd laugh. Science =/= Fiction.

@justanormalguy: You know you could at least try replying to the points and flaws we find instead of just ignoring it and repeating the same thing over and over again even if no one of use mentioned science.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel