Skycon 2009

Topic started by Zeouterlimits on Jan. 30, 2009. Last post by Zeouterlimits 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Hey everyone.
  Zeo, Gavin is pretty tired. My first week back at college so I've had to re-integrate with my room-mates, college friends, class mates, societies, whatever.
Doesn't help that almost every lecture we've had this week has bored me senseless.  The new lecturers have all mentioned how most of the class didn't do too good (I did awesomely, was really surprised and happy), and perhaps they feel they must take it slow. Whether that's the case or not, I'm well aware that there isn't a ghost in a god damn computer (and yes, we talked about Ghost in the Shell) (also taken out of context that must sound crazy bizarre, the lecturer for Comp Org 2 seems a tad eccentric).

Part of the society re-integration was the Computer Society (Skynet) committee meeting I was called to on Tuesday. I'm on the committee for Skynet's convention "Skycon" this year.
Randall Munroe of XKCD fame will be there for one.
Speaking also will be Microsoft (about XNA), Havok and moar (more details can be found here or you can just contact me-sa). It's a mix of web/nerd culture (Randall), Corporate tech (MS, AIB) and Open Source stuffs (lots, FREEBSD etc). In evening (after Randalls 90minute-ish speech) we're having a big reception/dinner in a conference room in a nearby hotel and then lots of us are going back to my apartment for a Rock Band party.
  And the day after? Paintball. Seriously, will be off the wall (I'll be wrecked).

In anime news? I've been watching more Casshern Sins, Michiko no Hatchin, Kurokami (might drop unless it returns to episode 1 level of shock), Tales of the Abyss (can I even defend that? It's passable *shrugs*) and Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
  Over Christmas I watched all of xxxHolic S1 and the movie. I... enjoyed it, but felt what I read of the manga was better. But man was the Vestal Spirit cute. And anytime Yuko said 'hitsuzen' I could not but feel it erotically. Yup.

Gaming wise it has been Halo 3, Fallout 3, and lots of Rock Band. Which I love. Oh and Chrono Trigger. I just finished all of the end game sidequests and now in the floaty fortress of doom (I'm very tired).

*toasts to the awesome animevice overlords and falls asleep*
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
How far are you in Casshern and is it worth it?
I'm around episode 15/16, whichever is the newest one I believe.
  I personally think it's worth it. For the first 'season' it focused on how ruin has affected the world and the people in, those with hope, those without it, introducing all the character etc.
 For the second season they're telling more of a focused story from episode, there is a vague end goal, and the obstacles are well documented (i.e. the villains).
Rargh, all my days are being taken up with finishing up preparations.
  It seems like everything might just come together :D.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel