Share your Fan Art uploads! (Image thread)

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Nov. 27, 2011. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Have you found some fan art on the web recently and added it to our wiki database? Don't you think it's a shame that you go to all the trouble of finding it and uploading it, and most people never even see it? So do I, so that's what this thread is for; sharing all the interesting, funny, sexy or just plain awesome fan art you've added to the site.

Of course, if you want to share you're very own fan art or original artwork that you've created yourself, hop on over to the dedicated Artist Show-Off board, and make a thread just for you!

What is "Fan Art"?

It should be pretty obvious, any artwork--be it hand-drawn, painted, digital or made out of jelly beans--that wasn't made by official anime/manga artists counts as fan art. It's artwork by fans. Duh.

Where should I add these in the wiki?

Add fan art to the "Fan Art" gallery on the appropriate character page. If it's an image with multiple characters in it, add it to all of those character pages. Optionally, you can also add it do other pages that are appropriate, for example if you upload an image of Rukia Kuchiki in a bikini, you can also add it to the fan art gallery on the bikini page.

DO NOT add fan art to the anime series or franchise pages. Those pages are for official artwork and merchandise images only!

How should I caption them?

I recommend captioning fan art like this: "Character name (by artist name)" optionally you can add a word or two to describe the image, so sticking to the example above, a caption might be: "Rukia Kuchiki, bikini (by frank159)". For multiple characters, separate names with commas and use "&" instead of "and" to help shorten the caption, e.g; "Goku, Gohan, Vegeta & Trunks, Super Saiyan (by artistdude42)"

Try not to upload fan art if you don't know who the artist is. Personally I think it's important to credit the artist.

LAST THING!

Please post images using the small (single) or side-by-side (multiple) settings.

It keeps the thread tidy and organised.

Now share those images!

I'll start the thread off with some fan art I've uploaded today.

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Post by Bigheart711 (3,710 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Past Profile Pics

In Order: Read or Die (Maggie, Michelle & Anita), Vocoloid (One of Miku Hatsune, the full group in another), Strike Witches (Mio Sakamoto), K-On! (Full Group) Helatia (Canada), Makoka Magica (Kyuubey and Charlotte [Both Forms] with Mugi of K-On!), and Nana (Komatsu)

@Bigheart711: Love the zombie K-ON! image, poor Mio.

Here's some new Pokémon fan art, the costume swaps are kinda cool.

Post by takashichea (11,143 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Sket Dance

Fairy Tail's Natsu Team

Thank you Anna and everyone for the Fairy Tail images. For some odd reason, Erza had the most fan art.

@SweetCrys: Please only post fan art in this thread, there will be a thread for cosplay images soon, and that Christmas one is official art. Please make sure you know which images are fan-drawn and which are official before you upload them. Oh and please don't take images from tumblr. They're almost always lower quality than the original files.

@takashichea: Because Erza's awesome. Duh.

Made quite a haul today. We hardly had any Mayo Chiki! fan art, fixed that problem!

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Newten:

Quick question, would cosplay be considered as fanart?

@KuroNekoXIII: Nope, I'm away from home right now but as soon as I'm at my own computer I'll post a cosplay thread, don't worry it's coming. If you have any cosplay photos save them up.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Newten:

Sounds good. Thanks!

Merry almost-Christmas you guys, have some K-ON! fan art:

Post by takashichea (11,143 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Guilty Crown

For the ladies!

I think the 4KOMA is fan art. It's all in Japanese. I'm sorry guys!

@takashichea: Try to post all your images in the grid view to keep the thread tidy, thanks taka. It's nice to see someone thinks of the ladies in this thread, ha.

Here's all the Christmas fan art I've uploaded since the last images I shared here, mostly K-On!:

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Here some Slayers fan art

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel