Share your Cosplay uploads! (Image thread)

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Dec. 20, 2011. Last post by Daniel_Newton 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Have you added some cosplay photos to our wiki database recently? Don't leave them tucked away in the wiki! Show off all those fantastic photos of people pretending to be pretend people here, in the Anime Vice cosplay thread!

What is "Cosplay"?

Photos of people dressed as anime or manga characters, simple as that. It's a fun thing to do at anime conventions.

Where should I add these in the wiki?

Add cosplay photos to the "Cosplay" galleries on character and franchise pages. If it's a photo with multiple characters in it, add it to all of those character pages. Optionally, you can also add it do other pages that are appropriate, for example if you upload a photo of a cosplayer in a school uniform, you can also add it to the cosplay gallery on the school uniform page.

DO NOT add cosplay to anime series pages.

How should I caption them?

I recommend captioning cosplay photos like this: "Character name (by cosplayer name)" optionally you can add a word or two to describe the image, so sticking to the example above, a caption might be: "Saeko Busujima, school uniform (by Anji Makise)". For multiple characters, separate names with commas and use "&" instead of "and" to help shorten the caption, e.g; "Goku, Gohan & Vegeta (by Bob, Frank & Jack)"

LAST THING!

Please post images using the small (single) or side-by-side (multiple) settings.

It keeps the thread tidy and organised.

Now share those images!

Here's some freshly added Pokémon, Dream Eater Merry and Highschool of the Dead cosplay, enjoy!

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Newten:

Sweet! You got the thread up :)

Guilty Crown

Gai Tsutsugami

Inori Yuzuriha

@KuroNekoXIII: Told you I would. Some of those photos are a little small, make sure you're getting the highest resolution you can find (pro tip, drag an image into Google image search and it will find it in different sizes for you).

Just uploaded some pretty great Chie cosplay:

Post by takashichea (12,657 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Newten:

I'm following your rules on images this past month. I deleted fan art on the franchise page and told others. Now, I need to check the anime series page for cosplay. After all these threads, it would be nice to have a summary of all these rules. I know that Ethan posted a blog about images, but it does not have these specific rules per se.

We have a cosplay button here, but I don't know how many people click on it. I think it's an unorganized feature.

Hughes from FMA

I had a cosplay photo of Hughes and his daughter. It's was the best one. I need to find it.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Newten: Alright, thanks for the tip! :D

@takashichea:

Lol! The Hughes kissing his daughter's pic is priceless!

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Newten: Your Chie doesn't have enough layers for her right. I demand a refund.

@takashichea: Thanks, you're always a great help taka. For a long time I've been meaning to post an image upload guide of some sort, so eventually I'll wrap all these guidelines up in some way. These threads are a good start though.

By the way, one of the images you posted is watermarked.

@ZombiePie: You'll get what you're given and like it.

Here's some Panty & Stocking cosplay:

@ReplicaRex: As far as I know the best way to search for cosplay is by going to a character page and checking the cosplay gallery. Cosplay images used to appear on the main page, but that was years ago, the Whiskey Media sites have changed a lot since then.

By the way guys, don't be afraid to just chat about cosplay in this thread in general. If there's a specific character you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see if I can come up with anything.

I've rounded up a ton of Christmas cosplay, Merry nearly-Christmas:

Post by finaldasa (46 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Newten: Panty and Stocking is both better and worse than what I expected.

@finaldasa: The anime or the cosplay? Assuming you meant the anime... yeah, that sounds accurate. It's kind of great when you just take it for what it is.

Also poop monsters.

@Newten: Haha, I meant both. Poop monsters?

@finaldasa: The first episode totally has a poop monster in it.

@Newten: Sold.

@ReplicaRex: No idea, looks like pretty decent cosplay though.

Here's all the recent cosplay I've uploaded, enjoy.

Uploaded a fresh set of Chie cosplay photos, what do you guys think? Accurate?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel