Scores and their meanings for my reviews

Topic started by Elfenlied1012 on May 24, 2012. Last post by Elfenlied1012 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

To help anyone who really wants to understand the short hand for how I score things here it is plain and simple, at least the M reviews

5 stars = Timeless

These are the series that are something simply fantastic and actually things I believe that should be remembered as classics, none of them are perfect, but they earn their place.

4.5 stars = fantastic

SImply fantastic, while maybe not something that will last throughout the annals of time but still I definite watch for all involved.

4 stars = good

Its a plain title but an apt one I like it, it's something I am glad I spent my time enjoying even if I never watch it again it was worth it in the moment

3.5 stars = okay

It's okay is all I can really explain, its not necessarily the best thing I could do with my time but I dont at all regret it, it was enjoyable enough even if fatally flawed

3 stars = not terrible

Is as it implies its not terrible at its worse its a massive waste of time at its best a good time suck for the moment, not enjoyable but not in anyway a horrid experience

2.5 stars = awkward

Stilled and just awkwardly unpleasant, not at all beyond stomaching but still just actively bad

2 stars = just bad

Just as it's called simply not good, not competent or good, perhaps enjoyable for a niche audience but simply not for any majority.

1.5 = abysmal

This is not fit for people at no point was whatever "media" I reviewed suppose to be consumed by any poor soul

1 = Why?

These are the anime and manga that just leave me asking, Why are you allowed to be? How could humans and people living and breathing look at this and go "You know what? It'll make money." How did no one just stop this "thing" during some point of its development, how can someone with any artisitic integirty allow themselves to be involved in such a project

Well thats it, thats my system for all those interested, and for anyone that read this here is a hint for my next review that no one cares about :D

Post by takashichea (10,631 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Another!

Great rating system!

@takashichea: Well that was a quick Answer XD

Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I like the rating system simple yet effective:)

@Sonata: @takashichea:

Thank you both btw I know I dont exactly make the most professional reviews but I enjoy it and I'm glad to be back into actual reviews hopefully Another will be done by tomorrow and the review is up I hope you'll give it a read. =D

Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Elfenlied1012: You are very welcome:)
Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I am looking forward to Another review. (Pun intended)

Post by takashichea (10,631 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Acura_Max said:

I am looking forward to Another view. (Pun intended)

Nice!

@Elfenlied1012:

You know what's strange. I haven't even tried Another. I just remember the girl because of sickVisionz's weekly reports. I tweet his articles and your blogs, too.

Edit:

Congrats on getting review spotlighted by FoxxFireArt. You should visit this week's community spotlight.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,668 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I think it's a good rating system too. :)

I should consider getting one too whenever I decide to review anything, except that I would add the "0-Star rating" because there are some shows and movies out there that actually deserve such a rating.

@takashichea: Thank you for the support =] You have no idea how weirdly awesome it was to be featured on the spotlight for me. =]

@Bigheart711: I personally dont like the 0 rating just because to me even complete shit is something even if its just shit.

@Acura_Max: Thank you for the support =]

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel