Samurai anime

Topic started by Frieza on Feb. 11, 2011. Last post by SilverGalford 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Frieza (240 posts) See mini bio Level 9
What is the greatest samurai anime? Rurouni Kenshin? Samurai Deeper Kyo? Samurai Champloo? Etc. What is your favorite samurai anime and why?
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Samurai Champloo was a great example of culture clash, it made a point of combining modern western subjects with feudal Japanese culture in a very humorous way, Samurai Jack was also an interesting one in the sense it was more of a western take on a samurai through the eyes of a russian animator, thus mingling both cultures through the eyes of someone who is native to neither,
Post by Adanadhel (124 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Shigurui is a wonderful samurai anime, too. Despite the open ending, this show is a must watch. Samurai 7 is another great anime in this genre.
Post by Sonata (35,228 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Sword of the Stranger was a very good movie to check out.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I enjoyed Afro Samurai. I thought it was going to be a funny anime at first cause of the name, but when he slaughtered 40 people 5 minutes into the show, I was like "FUUUUUU-" The over the top action plus Sam L jacksons voice made this anime an epic win. I even enjoyed all the flashbacks cause even they were filled with gory fun
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

My favourite samurai anime would still have to be Rurouni Kenshin.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,645 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@The_Desert_Tiger:  But Kenshin isnt a Samurai..... 
He isnt a Ronin either..... 

@Sonata:  That movie is awesome, I loved the snipping with the Katana part, that was hilarious
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
samurai champloo was great, but kenshin is epic.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel