Richie Branson or MC Frontalot

Topic started by CallmeBrent on Sept. 26, 2012. Last post by SilverGalford 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by CallmeBrent (98 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Who is the true Nerdcore/Otaku King?

Ways I address the comparison.

- Spread/popularity (Richie's been on Toonami, Frontalot's been on G4)

- Overall lyrical skill

- Delivery/Flow

- How relateable is what they rap about to the nerd culture (that might be the toughest one to separate since they are both classified nerdcore rappers. It might be a more personal battle this one - how relateable is what they rap about to YOU, the listener)

- Impact upon the nerd culture (This one leans heavily on Frontalot, who coined the term "nerdcore". Dunno if Richie has something big enough to combat that)

Post by sickVisionz (4,223 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Just checked out Frontalot

• Popularity? No clue
  • Skill: I don't know. Neither of them really has good punchlines to me or is what I'd call a lyrical beast. Nobody
  • Flow: Frontalot sound wack to me. Ricky Branson
  • Relatability: Branson is literally rapping about anime. Like a line will be, "in episode 13 of Gundam Wing". I Frontalot just uses nerdy metaphors but he raps about real thing. Frontalot by a long shot.
  • Impact? No clue

I make beats (just came from the studio yesterday actually) so I'll add in another category:

• Ability to pick good beats: Branson by far.
  • Overall music: I don't know. I think Branson makes insanely good beats and is insanely mediocre and completely uninteresting when it comes to lyrical content. From what I heard, Frontalot has wack beats and a usually wack flow, but he at least raps about stuff I can relate to. Maybe Frontalot has a slight edge. If I was to listen to a Frontalot song, it would be because of the song itself. For Branson, it would solely be to check out the beat.
Post by CallmeBrent (98 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@sickVisionz: How about thoughts on this, then.

I'm going to give you two songs. Using the categories presented, how about you judge/compare using the songs?

Here -

and here was Frontalot's rap on G4 (we all know Richie's song 'Bring Back Toonami' was what got him noticed by Adult Swim)

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

"you............... are............. likely ..................to......... be.................. eaten by a grue" LOL! . ah dude this reminds me of Animax .

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel