request a thread topic ban here/ descution

Topic started by haseo_yashimora on March 24, 2011. Last post by Sonata 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

ok mods it seems every time some one states there opinion on "why i hate  this anime" blog stuff trolls come in the topic and people go overboard with it, im requesting if this keeps up people  should keep there opinions to themselves, i really dont care myself people have rights to state there opinion so who agrees with this and mods you agree with the ban suggestion?
also sorry for spelling im on a shitty computer here not mine i will fix tonight
Post by DocHaus (936 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Any reason you couldn't just PM this to a mod?
@DocHaus said:
"Any reason you couldn't just PM this to a mod? "

i wanted to see peoples opinions not just mods, thats why  i made this thread a descution thread as well
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
And why an opinion conveying media be banned?  because it went overboard?
ANY discussion that is subjective is bound to have something like this 

There is also the reason why Mods are Mods and we are users. What they don't feel justified to be banned, is not banned, hence the function of Mods, instead of users running willy nilly
@cfatalis said:
" And why an opinion conveying media be banned?  because it went overboard?ANY discussion that is subjective is bound to have something like this   There is also the reason why Mods are Mods and we are users. What they don't feel justified to be banned, is not banned, hence the function of Mods, instead of users running willy nilly "
but mods can only do so much its not like they can IP ban someone : /

also fixed spelling on description
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@haseo_yashimora said:
" @cfatalis said:
" And why an opinion conveying media be banned?  because it went overboard?ANY discussion that is subjective is bound to have something like this   There is also the reason why Mods are Mods and we are users. What they don't feel justified to be banned, is not banned, hence the function of Mods, instead of users running willy nilly "
but mods can only do so much its not like they can IP ban someone : /  also fixed spelling on description "
and how banning a TOPIC can fix this?
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
People should be allowed to express the fact that they hate an anime. Isn't what this site is about... talking about anime?
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Superevil225 said:
" People should be allowed to express the fact that they hate an anime. Isn't what this site is about... talking about anime? "
This....not every one enjoys the same shows, and sometimes they get into heated debates over it. So long as pointless trolling or over-the-top hurtful/bashing posts are not made in the forum that turns it from a discussion into a flame-fest, then they are good for the site. Discussing anime with others and why you may not like it is not bad, just when it gets carried away.
Post by takashichea (14,306 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Just don't read them or comment on them if you hate a certain topic.
It's everyone's right to say or not say something.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@ShadowKnight508: That's when a mod steps in. It isn't right to just ban all topics of the sort, it defeats the purpose of an opinion based comunity.
Post by Sonata (35,688 posts) See mini bio Level 20
This would be a pathetic community if no one could voice opinions. Open discussions are essential to this site,nobody will get banned by telling us how they feel about certain animes or anime as a whole. If a troll does come around and adds absolutely nothing to the discussion either myself or another mod will take care of them. Dont be scared to post your opinions, they help the community grow as a whole.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel