Rate the amv above you :D

Topic started by TheRedRose on July 2, 2011. Last post by 5th 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by Fehafare (9,511 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@paladin: To be honest, i don't know, i just went with "all in that sense goes".

And agree about the MAD being short, i though if it was wrong to complain about an AMV being short and then post one that is the same.

9 - First the obvious that it doesn't have a problem with being "short", it didn't get me really at the start but i enjoyed it very much by the middle.

Post by paladin (1,192 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Fehafare:

8.5/10

Wow! I never knew there was a Drifters MMV. My inner fan would rather give it a 10 but unfortunately it didn't manage to grab me. Good video, regardless.

Anyways, like I promised, here's a Nasuverse-related MAD:

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, to be exact.

Post by Stingerrain (409 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Online Now

@Stingerrain: You are supposed to rate what is above you, i will just assume that that video is supposed to be an amv and so i give it a 0

@paladin: I already posted that one if you remember and i completely share your opinion on it, 10/10

8.5/10

Good video but the effects were often too thick and as such they made the visuals barely perceivable.

Next:

Online Now

9 - At first i didn't like it, but it got really addicting after the 2nd time. (Ok i heard it like 8 times by now, it became so addicting, original score was 8 but just had to rise it)

The video itself is good but like with my previous AMV it suffers from the shift effect between two anime series with different (even if similar) visuals.

It can be adjusted with the right effects but it goes without saying that it's a difficult task.

There was some problems with the synch between the chosen visuals and the sounds as well but those weren't that severe.

8/10

Next:

One of the few Gurren lagann AMVs that I can approve of.

Not because of the series but it's just the fact GL AMVs generally focus on an overused theme. This one's an unique gem.

Online Now

8 - It's good, but the scenes that were picked for it are way too flashy and that just steals too much attention.

@Fehafare: That was the first time someone complained to me about an AMV being too flashy.:p

Seriously, that's like half of the intention for these vids.Especially for action-oriented AMVs like the one I previously posted.

You have to be extra careful to catch all the details.

Although if you'd have said that the effects can distract from the visuals then I have to agree.

The point was more on the AMV's feeling, though.

Anyways, back to rating:

9/10

I don't even have to watch the video, I know that MAD well enough and I've watched it a good number of times in the past already. The music matches the visuals very well. Although I feel like that the song itself is which ultimately limits that vid from getting the score of 10. Not as if it's bad. No. But it limits the MAD's overall potential.

Next:

Now, that's what I call excellent job with cuts.

Online Now

@paladin: Yup, that is what i meant, pretty much every scene has either an explosion or some bright, glowing power up, i mean some are fine but that was way over the top, i barely notice anything else.

8.5 - That one i a way better example it has all those bright effects in it and all but it still keeps it in balance with the other visuals.

7/10

The AMV's set-up was good but nothing outstanding. Also it had a few problems with the synch.

Sadly, it was under the "pick your favorite series and put some music under it" category. It would've been pretty good in 2003 but nowadays the competition is just too strong.

Next, a Gundam 00 themed AMV:

Online Now

8.5 - Wow! I am not really interested in mecha very much but this one was really good.

Damn, i should create a playlist in the future, it gets really annoying to search for these right now and special decent one, i just don't have much time to think right now, so i take the first best.

Well, will probably make one tomorrow.

7/10

The basic concept was good but KurayamiR should've focused on Beatrice more as she has more useful scenes to this kind of song. There were also certain problems with the synch and the overall feeling but otherwise it wasn't bad.

@Fehafare: The ironic part is that it's the exact thing I'm doing right now.

Pulling out vids from my playlists.

Next:

Let's stick with the horror theme for a bit longer.

Online Now

9 - Very nice, the effects were place at the right place and the song fits nice. There was a part where as you said before the effects were too thick but other than that it's good.

@paladin: Already guessed that, considering that you told me before than you have a playlist even if it's a little bit outdated. Well i will be making mine now.

@Fehafare: 9/10 

Currently I'm too lazy to give my exact opinions for why. 
Although allow me to post a MAD with similar theme: 

Online Now

Heh, i wanted to post that one next.

9.5 - Perfect balance of the visuals, just a sight for sore eyes. The effect are nice placed and don't take up too much attention. The song is fit in well and i think it was even cut as some points and i am actually not sure why i didn't give it a 10.

I did not progress with my playlist today ( i did add the Fate ones but nothing else, i guess i was just lazy), so here is another Fate:

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,330 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Online Now

7.5 - A little bit monotone and at some points song just doesn't fit scene.

@Fehafare: 9.5/10 
Seriously, it's hard to compete with the quality of a good Tsukihime MADs. Despite the relatively bad visual material they always manage to bring out the best.
 Krsnik is also one of the most famous Tsukihime MADs. And with reason.
Aside from the Engrish, I say that video was almost perfect. 

Next:

Let's bring up something fresh.
BTW, the anime is called Redline.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel