Random Facts

Topic started by Lady_Nightmare on July 4, 2009. Last post by Kobra678 8 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by ShrimpDino (77 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I do not like to eat Ice Cream

Post by Samimista (178 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@DBZ_universe: No prob anytime. =)

Hideo Kojima and Tetsuya Nomura are my inspirations for creative writing. For years I've been so obsessed with their work. Nothing else has inspired me so much before.

Post by MrDirector786 (4,499 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Samimista: I agree that Hideo Kojima is awesome. The Metal Gear series is one of my favorites.

@MrDirector786: Mine as well. It's a series that can never get old. Looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 5. Hoping that'll be on the next gen consoles.

@Samimista said:

@MrDirector786: Mine as well. It's a series that can never get old. Looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 5. Hoping that'll be on the next gen consoles.

Same here.

Post by lexyz123 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

I saw "Small Soldiers" like 16 times in a row

@Sonata: Odd, I didn't receive a notification for your reply. I apologize for that. Wow! That's pretty awesome. C++ is very useful. Only pain about HTML is that every few years you gotta relearn it as some of the coding changes.

Random Fact: Ever since 2007 I celebrate Cloud Strife's Birthday, August 19th. Most likely tomorrow I'll be writing a blog on him on here.~

I listen to music from anime, video games, and film soundtracks and pretty much everywhere EXCEPT for from the main music industry.

@MrDirector786 said:

I listen to music from anime, video games, and film soundtracks and pretty much everywhere EXCEPT for from the main music industry.

I can't tell you how many video game soundtracks I have on my iTouch. Final Fantasy VI - X, 1st and 2nd Pokemon gen, Sonic, EarthBound and a few more that I can't think of. Nobuo Uematsu is my favorite composer.

@Samimista said:

@MrDirector786 said:

I can't tell you how many video game soundtracks I have on my iTouch. Final Fantasy VI - X, 1st and 2nd Pokemon gen, Sonic, EarthBound and a few more that I can't think of. Nobuo Uematsu is my favorite composer.

I mainly listen to music from Sonic, Mega Man, Metal Gear, Shinobi, and others. In terms of film soundtracks, I really only listen to the soundtracks from the Transformers movies and Nolan's Batman movies, but I still listen to them quite a bit. Interestingly, the guy who composed the music for the Transformers movies (Steve Jablonsky) was actually a student of the guy who composed the music for the Batman movies (Hans Zimmer).

@MrDirector786 said:

@Samimista said:

@MrDirector786 said:

I mainly listen to music from Sonic, Mega Man, Metal Gear, Shinobi, and others. In terms of film soundtracks, I really only listen to the soundtracks from the Transformers movies and Nolan's Batman movies, but I still listen to them quite a bit. Interestingly, the guy who composed the music for the Transformers movies (Steve Jablonsky) was actually a student of the guy who composed the music for the Batman movies (Hans Zimmer).

'Debriefing', 'Way To Fall' and 'Father & Son' are my favorite Metal Gear tracks.~ Oh wow, that I didn't know. =O Steve must be brilliant if Hans was his mentor. I've never seen the Transformer movies to be honest. Love the original cartoon though.

Post by Sonata (35,228 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Samimista said:

@Sonata: Odd, I didn't receive a notification for your reply. I apologize for that. Wow! That's pretty awesome. C++ is very useful. Only pain about HTML is that every few years you gotta relearn it as some of the coding changes.

Random Fact: Ever since 2007 I celebrate Cloud Strife's Birthday, August 19th. Most likely tomorrow I'll be writing a blog on him on here.~

One day I would like to go back and finish my studies, but I usually pretty busy working now.

@Sonata said:

@Samimista said:

One day I would like to go back and finish my studies, but I usually pretty busy working now.

It's tough with balancing out school and work. Always best to go at your pace and to do what's comfortable.

Post by Sonata (35,228 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Samimista said:

@Sonata said:

@Samimista said:

It's tough with balancing out school and work. Always best to go at your pace and to do what's comfortable.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking lol:)

@Samimista said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@Samimista said:

@MrDirector786 said:

'Debriefing', 'Way To Fall' and 'Father & Son' are my favorite Metal Gear tracks.~ Oh wow, that I didn't know. =O Steve must be brilliant if Hans was his mentor. I've never seen the Transformer movies to be honest. Love the original cartoon though.

Yeah, I liked the original cartoon as well. It's my fourth favorite Transformers show behind Beast Wars, Prime, and Animated. I also actually enjoyed the movies, though I understand why most people hated them. Steve is awesome though. Interestingly, some people noticed that some of the tracks in The Dark Knight Rises have some influence from some of the Transformers soundtrack - like in "Imagine the Fire", you can hear some of Scorponok's theme. So, it seems that even though Steve was his student, Hans has a little bit of influence from him as well. I also liked Father and Son - both the MGS2 version and MGS4 versions.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

@MrDirector786 said:

@Samimista said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@Samimista said:

@MrDirector786 said:

Yeah, I liked the original cartoon as well. It's my fourth favorite Transformers show behind Beast Wars, Prime, and Animated. I also actually enjoyed the movies, though I understand why most people hated them. Steve is awesome though. Interestingly, some people noticed that some of the tracks in The Dark Knight Rises have some influence from some of the Transformers soundtrack - like in "Imagine the Fire", you can hear some of Scorponok's theme. So, it seems that even though Steve was his student, Hans has a little bit of influence from him as well. I also liked Father and Son - both the MGS2 version and MGS4 versions.

I watched Prime for my first time yesterday on The Hub. I just couldn't get into it with the CGI style. =S I miss watching cartoons that are drawn regularly. Father and Son was also in MGS2? =O I need to Youtube that up. I only know the MGS4 version that's extremely beautiful. Not exactly a Raiden fan but I'll be giving Rising a try. Should be out in February I believe.

Random Fact: Even though the Midnight Channel rumor is fictional I want to try it out one night when it's raining at midnight.

@Samimista: The final boss theme of MGS2 was called Father and Son, though it's a different song from the one in MGS4.

To me, the art style isn't a big deal for any cartoon. I think Prime is the first series since Beast Machines to be in full 3D. Transformers Energon and Cybertron were half-CGI half traditional drawing, but those shows were bad, especially Energon. I like Prime because quite a bit of the story seems to be based off of the comics and I like a lot of the voice actors, especially Frank Welker's voice as Megatron and I think it shows that he's still got it. It's too bad Michael Bay felt that Welker didn't have the voice he used to anymore so he didn't get the role of Megatron in any of the films (though he did voice Megatron in the games based off of the films, and he did get to voice Soundwave).

@MrDirector786: The original voice actor of Megatron was in Prime? =O That kind of sucks what Michael Bay thought about his voice as I'm sure the fans would of loved it. Kinda relieved though that Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles won't happen now....Up until last summer though, I kinda thought the live action TMNT movie had actual turtles instead of actors in it. xD I can be ditzy like Derpy Hooves at times. =D

Random Fact: I have two cats and a female Albino hedgehog named Sega. =D My female bombay cat Oreo turned five yesterday.~ And in eight days will mark a month since I had Zorro who someone threw out of an SUV window while driving on the road behind my house at 1 AM in the morning. =( And Sega I got in late June.

Post by ShrimpDino (77 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I enjoy reading Deadpool :D

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel