Questions about the Walt Disney animated Movie Hercules.

Topic started by Alpha_Watcher_3000 on July 18, 2014. Last post by Alpha_Watcher_3000 1 month, 4 weeks ago.
Post by Alpha_Watcher_3000 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I have some Questions about the Walt Disney animated Movie Hercules:

1- Was the movie inspired by Greek Mythology or ancient Greek religion ?

2- Did the Kingdom Hearts video game series use the same characters

in the movie ?

3- Did the movie had any sequels or TV series ?

Post by takashichea (12,353 posts) See mini bio Level 25

General Discussion is for anime and manga related topics while Off-Topic is for topics that are not anime or manga related.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,755 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@takashichea: There is a Kingdom Hearts Manga.... But I get your point XD

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Alpha_Watcher_3000:

1. Greek Mythos.
  2. Some of them IIRC. Been a while since I have played the games.
  3. Yes, there was a tv spin off. This was before Hercules was an actual hero. He tells stories of when he was in school. It was an ok spin off.

I hope this answers your questions bud.

@DBZ_universe said:

@Alpha_Watcher_3000:

1. Greek Mythos.
  2. Some of them IIRC. Been a while since I have played the games.
  3. Yes, there was a tv spin off. This was before Hercules was an actual hero. He tells stories of when he was in school. It was an ok spin off.

I hope this answers your questions bud.

Kingdom Hearts use the same characters from Hercules. The first game used Hercules, Cereberus, Phil, and Hades. In the 2nd game, they added Meg. I think all actors and actresses from the Walt Disney movie reprise their roles in the game.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@takashichea: I guess that answers the question.

@DBZ_universe:

In case the user needs more details. I see him asking questions anime or not often.

Post by Dream (7,636 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Alpha_Watcher_3000:

1. Inspired, but very loosely.

2. To my knowledge, the major characters of the movie were in with Hercules, Megera, Phil, Hades, Pain, Panic, the Hydra, Rock Titan and Ice Titan (the latter five having no voice actors for them). Three of the four characters reprise their roles from the movie for Kingdom Hearts, minus Danny DeVito as Phil.

3. Besides the mentioned TV series, Disney made a direct-to-video "prequel" the following year called Hercules: Zero to Hero. Like many of Disney's direct-to-video projects, your mileage may vary with how well you enjoy it.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Hercules... I remember this being when Disney was god awful. They had a great run of Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Lion King. Then they went to like Lilo and Stitch, Pochahantas, Hercules, Mulan and those were like nowhere near as good and some were flat out bad. Then they just got out of animation altogether and let Pixar be the only wing of the company putting out animated films.

Post by Dream (7,636 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@sickVisionz: Disney still does animation, many of their recent works being CG animated (Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen) and a few traditionally animated ones (Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh. You seem to be assuming that any CG-animated work must have been done by Pixar.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Dream: I was talking about for that long period where they stopped doing traditional animation and all of their CGI ones tanked. Wreck-It Ralph was the first one that ever came near even the worst Pixar release.

Post by Alpha_Watcher_3000 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Guys thanks for the help :)

your the best :)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel