Question about Japanese DVDs

Topic started by AjayRaz on Oct. 7, 2009. Last post by JJOR64 4 years, 11 months ago.
Post by AjayRaz (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
guys , i could use some help, and i thought i'd ask you guys first.  

i'm thinking of buying this DVD:  
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Anime-K-On-Chapter-1-13-End-DVD-Free-Soundtrack_W0QQitemZ150374928415QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item23030b501f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_613wt_733  

since i'd love to own all the episodes of this series ^^  

and i would just like to know if I buy this Japanese DVD, will it work on my north american DVD player? i'm just curious because game consoles have Region Locks so i'd like to know that if i wanted to watch this DVD on my PS2/3 or DVD Player, would it work? 

thanks  
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@AjayRaz said:
" guys , i could use some help, and i thought i'd ask you guys first.  

i'm thinking of buying this DVD:  
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Anime-K-On-Chapter-1-13-End-DVD-Free-Soundtrack_W0QQitemZ150374928415QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item23030b501f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_613wt_733   since i'd love to own all the episodes of this series ^^   and i would just like to know if I buy this Japanese DVD, will it work on my north american DVD player? i'm just curious because game consoles have Region Locks so i'd like to know that if i wanted to watch this DVD on my PS2/3 or DVD Player, would it work?  thanks   "
dvd have region locks, is your ps2 modded?, has it got a modchip?
@cfatalis said:
dvd have region locks, is your ps2 modded?, has it got a modchip? "
my PS2 has a modchip to play burnt games, but burnt games no longer work on my PS2 for some reason.  

also i noticed this in the information section of the item  
"   

Region Code:DVD: 0, All (Worldwide)"
might this mean that it will work? 
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@AjayRaz: If it's worldwide, it should be able to work with any DVD player you own.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@AjayRaz: region 0 means that there's no region lock, so you can play this on your ps2
@JJOR64: @cfatalis:  
great, thanks for the quick replies :) 
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@AjayRaz: No problem.  :)           I started watching it last night and I love it.  I'm going to finish it tonight and I might check out the manga.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel