Publicity

Topic started by Lady_Nightmare on Jan. 22, 2009. Last post by Niko 5 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Lady_Nightmare (2,789 posts) See mini bio Level 13

As you all know the fourms and other aspects of Anime Vice lack population. As my contribution Im going to create a banner and place on me & my friends Vampire Knight fan club page in hopes to at least peak curiousity. I want to use this thread as a think tank for fellow anime vicers to come up with way to draw publicity to anime vice.

Thoughts?

Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I don't think the problem is population. A thousand or so users are on here (though a couple might just be RPG accounts and such but still a good count in my view), the problem is participation. Most people just lurk or only do a few minor things and that's it. We just need people participating.

How to get people participating... that's the focus. I dunno any suggestions since everything is just done out of the will of the people. In general, the only time people are motivated to do things is when there is some type of incentive (i.e. a contest of some sort).
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
I agree with Lady Nightmare, we don't have enough people on the site.   We have here, at our disposal, the most feature complete anime/manga site you can find.  Sure there may be other sites that have a feature we don't, but I doubt they have more features then us.  We have a wiki, image galleries, news, blogs, trivia contest, cosplay galleries, power rankings and battles of characters, videos, reviews, new release calender, fanfiction, etc etc.

We need more people to learn about our site.  So linking to us on other message boards or blogs is a great idea.  I think we can get as big as our sister site Comicvine.com but it will take a little time for people to find us.  It took Comicvine about a year before we felt we really had a big and dynamic community.  We'll get there, but in order to do so we have to do anything we can to attract attention!!!!!!!  :)
Post by Lady_Nightmare (2,789 posts) See mini bio Level 13
yes!
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Im about to make a Face book page that I will updat weekly with intresting links and also add things to my Bebo page, JOIN IT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62643850357
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
There's already an official Facebook profile and a Facebook page for Anime Vice.

Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
The Mods were actually talking about this, We just gotta give it some time but yeah, any help we can get to advertise would be great.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
is there something missing?

like is there something the page needs that will attract more people?
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Niko said:
"There's already an official Facebook profile and a Facebook page for Anime Vice.

"
Face palms

OH GOD THERE IS TOO AND I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT IT!!!!
Niko said:
"There's already an official Facebook profile and a Facebook page for Anime Vice.

"
Now there is two:p
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Little_Sparrow said:
"Niko said:

"
Now there is two:p"
No, with yours, there's three. You made a Facebook group, with is different from the other two.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel