Progressive Nation show last night.

Topic started by CapeBarnes on Aug. 28, 2009. Last post by CapeBarnes 5 years, 3 months ago.
Post by CapeBarnes (509 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Thanks to mom, I was able to see Zappa Plays Zappa, amongst other acts just last night in Downtown San Jose. Since Frank Zappa is dead, this tribute band created by son Dweezle is as close as I will ever get to seeing Frank's band live. Unfortunately, I didn't get  any pictures of the show itself (cameras were "not allowed." Besides, I would have been caught anyway.) But I did get a t-shirt and a poster. Highlights, so to speak:
  • Scale the Summit opened the show with a 25 or so minute set. Me like them already.
  • Big Elf was second with a 40 min. (?) set. Not really a band I'll invest in.
  • Zappa Plays Zappa! Over an hour set. Wow. Would have been perfect if "Flakes" (my favorite Zappa song) were played. And why did the lead singer keep walking off the stage?
  • Dream Theater: Headliner act played for almost 2 hours. Note to self: buy albums.

Feel free to ask me questions about the concert.
  Please excuse the flash in this shot. Poster cost $15, and was one of the last two for sale.

$35 for this t-shirt. Front side.

Back side.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel