popularity

Topic started by haseo_yashimora on Jan. 10, 2010. Last post by JJOR64 4 years, 10 months ago.
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

i see there's a lot of popular people on the site, its mostly on there rightings,stories, ect... but what i dount understand is why people thats bean on this site for a while are sometimes not notesed and some newbies become popular in a matter of a day, how does that all work?
Post by king_m (393 posts) See mini bio Level 6
no idea I've been here long time and no one knows me
Post by Voxel (179 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Those newbies are probably trolls, and people flock to troll threads for no reason.
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Pretty much the more active you are the more you will be known.
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

wow, ive bean here for 8 to 9 months i think? well i notest ya :)
Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Cause those newbies post stuff with actual quality, as for people that have been aroun like me and post a lot, there is very little quality, but i do have quantity, at least the non troll ones (like the japangirl and Crusader8463)
Post by Tradog (535 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Well think of it this way, the people that are papular in a matter of days usualy get themselves a quick reputation either by being a really big troll or a really good user try participating in lots of threads and make conversation, sometimes talking with already popular users help too weather it be in debates, serious topics, or RPing and even making threads (That are interesting) helps too.
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
And make sure not to annoy people too lol, thats one of the major things xD
Post by Sonata (35,634 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The easy way to be known around here is to be more active in the community. Joining in discussions and adding to the wiki page are good ideas to get noticed. Also showing respect to the other users and sites like Giantbomb and Comicvine, treat others how you want to be treated. :)
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I paid Gia so my review could be on the front page.                 Nah, just kidding.

If you want to become popular, make quality threads and not stupid battle threads that include DBZ characters and no info at all.  Also, be very active with the community like posting in the forums, provide content for the site (like reviews), etc.
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@haseo_yashimora said:
"i see there's a lot of popular people on the site, its mostly on there rightings,stories, ect... but what i dount understand is why people thats bean on this site for a while are sometimes not notesed and some newbies become popular in a matter of a day, how does that all work? "

what?
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Sonata said:
"The easy way to be known around here is to be more active in the community. Joining in discussions and adding to the wiki page are good ideas to get noticed. Also showing respect to the other users and sites like Giantbomb and Comicvine, treat others how you want to be treated. :) "

thanks, MOM, for that talk lol
Post by Auron (419 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I'm popular
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@FLCL1 said:
" @Sonata said:
"The easy way to be known around here is to be more active in the community. Joining in discussions and adding to the wiki page are good ideas to get noticed. Also showing respect to the other users and sites like Giantbomb and Comicvine, treat others how you want to be treated. :) "
thanks, MOM, for that talk lol "
actually that is true, anyway you are not obscure or unknown either, remember you made that really famous thread
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@cfatalis: one of the best things in this site in a way
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Nerx: the other is what character you want to have sax with, and plain hot thread, and what is on your mind thread, and gekido
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Well everybody is popular here it just depends on how willing  one is be more active, no one gets ignored here (except theVicePolice and Klandicar Edit: and Auron. the first one because he call himself that the second one because he`s a jerk and the last one because he`s a fanboy ) 
@king_m: I do but then again we rarely have conversations.

@JJOR64 said:

"not stupid battle threads that include DBZ characters and no info at all.''

I partially fixed that btw its a start :)
Post by Sonata (35,634 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@FLCL1:  Welcome, Son and make sure you brush your teeth as well;P
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Kelleth: I have to agree with you there Kelleth. It really doesn't matter how long you've been on the site but what matters is how active you are and how willing you are to get into conversations with people.  

ND
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Newdeath: Damn straight x]
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel