Police officer beats on 15 year old

Topic started by Calaveras on March 2, 2009. Last post by Nerx 5 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
We have a serious problem with youth committing crimes in Canada since our laws are extremely lax - you can get away with almost anything, and when you don't, punishment is often no more than a tap on the wrist. If corporal punishment is what it takes to get them to stop being little pricks then I'm all for it. As it is now, young criminals are more often than not repeat offenders. That kind of force is admittedly excessive, but if it takes a good smack or a go with a cane to get them to stop committing crimes then I'm all for it. The threat of actual punishment would make people think twice before they harm someone else.
Post by Calaveras (79 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Are you shitting me? It's not the law that's lax. it's the parents. The parents do shit all in raising the children properly so the children gets away with so much more crap and then that eventually shows. The point is....as Russel Peters says "Beat you're kid!"
Beat your kid. Then get arrested. The Law should be protecting the citizens, not some punk-ass kids who go out and steal cars because they can.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Devilly said:
"Jewel said:
"..... ok

WTF is up with everyone saying she deserved it????

I WORK with teenagers that age and yes they can be snarly and aggressive, but how does this allow the cop to beat on her as bad as he did? im hoping you are all joking because if you are not, I pity you. Its disgusting what he did to her, she is a tiny thing he is twice her size and the violence was bullshit, not excuseable at all... if any of you are  serious with your comments you make me sick.

There are reasons why teens engage in acts agaisnt the law, her life would be awful and messed up i can gaurantee that.
"
Agreed but everyone? Sparrow, Son and Haseo didnt say anything like that XD Fire the guy and put him in jail >_>
"
Lol thanks for pointing out my mistake Dev, of course not everyone said it, i think i meant those that did.

There are people out there who have no compassion or understanding for what street kids, or kids with bad up bringings go through and they sadden me
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Sigue said:
"Beat your kid. Then get arrested. The Law should be protecting the citizens, not some punk-ass kids who go out and steal cars because they can.
"
The officer broke the law but yet you defend his actions, If it happened in the street he would be arrested.. But because he has a badges its fine, Double standard much.  everyone has rights I believe it was you who defended other countries action in another thread and yet you cant see the other point of veiw on this, seems strange or maybe its just a reaction you are looking for who knows.
Little_Sparrow said:
"Sigue said:
"Beat your kid. Then get arrested. The Law should be protecting the citizens, not some punk-ass kids who go out and steal cars because they can.
"
The officer broke the law but yet you defend his actions, If it happened in the street he would be arrested.. But because he has a badges its fine, Double standard much.  everyone has rights I believe it was you who defended other countries action in another thread and yet you cant see the other point of veiw on this, seems strange or maybe its just a reaction you are looking for who knows.
"
Eh, my first comment wasn't meant to be taken entirely seriously. This is obviously an excessive amount of force. It's assault, and he'll be tried and convicted for it. I am, however, completely in favor of controlled corporal punishment. Not drop kicks, obviously. Some caning would be nice. It's sad that some people grow up on the street or have a bad upbringing, but it's no excuse for robbery, not to mention that a frighteningly large amount of offenders are middle class.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Little_Sparrow said:
"Sigue said:
"
"
well said babe
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Should have used Mace but noo... he opted a beating instead, why o why if he used Mace or a Tazer it would be less appalling and probably less news worthy
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel