Persona 4

Topic started by Baku_Sensei on Dec. 9, 2008. Last post by Baku_Sensei 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Has anyone other than me gotten it yet? If not, you should, because it's awesome.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I haven't even played P3 yet... *for shame* I was supposed to leech it off my friend though. I'll ask for it during winter vacation since I'll have hecka time to kill.

I shall eventually play P4. After P3 of course.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I had to tutor someone today, so I couldn't leave the house until the mall was closed.

That's okay, because EB Games (the place I pre-ordered it from) told me that they weren't getting it until tomorrow anyways.

Does the ability to control your party drastically change the game-play at all? I still need to beat P3 ;_;
Post by Disco (364 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I seriously wanted to get the game??? is it better than 3???
hazelnutman said:
Does the ability to control your party drastically change the game-play at all? I still need to beat P3 ;_;"
Disco said:
"I seriously wanted to get the game??? is it better than 3???"

hazel: It makes it SO MUCH EASIER! Battle no longer take 2 minutes simply because Stupei has to cast Agi every time. Also, you can get people to heal who you want them to heal.

Disco: I personally like it more, thus far. I like the characters more, and I find the battle system to have improved all the areas I found lacking in 3.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Baku_Sensei said:
"hazelnutman said:
Does the ability to control your party drastically change the game-play at all? I still need to beat P3 ;_;"
hazel: It makes it SO MUCH EASIER! Battle no longer take 2 minutes simply because Stupei has to cast Agi every time. Also, you can get people to heal who you want them to heal.
Whew, glad to hear it, because P3 was a little hard for the wrong reasons :P

I guess now if I know a boss's weakness beforehand, my team won't go accidentally healing it before they know about its strength. -__-
Post by Disco (364 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Baku_Sensei said:
"hazelnutman said:
Disco said:
"I seriously wanted to get the game??? is it better than 3???"

Disco: I personally like it more, thus far. I like the characters more, and I find the battle system to have improved all the areas I found lacking in 3."
totally forgot to remove those question marks in the first sentence... Anyway, i found Persona 3 to be far too similar to Digital Devil Saga [are you familiar], so as long as it's not like that i'm fine.
Post by Zenaxzd (31 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I really need to get into that series at some point, as someone whose favorite genre is RPG and all the hype this series gets you think I would of already played at least one of them? Just to much stuff to play *sigh*.
Not too familiar with DDS. Bought it once, but never played it and traded it back in.
Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Disco said:
totally forgot to remove those question marks in the first sentence... Anyway, i found Persona 3 to be far too similar to Digital Devil Saga [are you familiar], so as long as it's not like that i'm fine."
Ehhh... how exactly is P3 too similar to DDS? Well, aside from belonging to the same metaseries and using the same demons, spells and battle system (albeit a watered-down version), of course.

If you didn't like P3 and thought it was too similar to DDS, you probably needn't bother playing any of the other games in the MegaTen series...

Zenaxzd said:
"I really need to get into that series at some point, as someone whose favorite genre is RPG and all the hype this series gets you think I would of already played at least one of them? Just to much stuff to play *sigh*."
Definitely check it out. Most people would probably recommend you start with P3 (because it's the only game in the series they've played >_>), but I say start with SMT3: Nocturne because it's the only main series entry that got localized and it serves as an excellent introduction to what the series is all about. Also recommended to fans of old-school RPGs since not a whole lot has changed since SMT2 on the SNES.

Anyway, I haven't played P4 yet, but I plan on buying it early next year (importing it now will just make it get lost in the mail -- Christmas and all...)

I was actually stunned by the ratings it's been getting. I was expecting mid 8s but it's been getting mid 9s and even a bunch of 10s.
It deserves the 10's, except for Chie and Margaret's voice actors.
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Axersia said:
I was actually stunned by the ratings it's been getting. I was expecting mid 8s but it's been getting mid 9s and even a bunch of 10s."
Me too. I figured it would get around the same scores as P3, or maybe a bit lower for being too similar. But apparently it's even better?

I preordered the game along with the snazzy Social Link Expansion Pack. I'm not sure if I've received it yet though. I guess I'll find out today when I go pick up my copy of Eternal Poison.
I was asking Lan to get me the expansion pack for Christmas, but it's apparently going for over $200 now on Amazon.
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Baku_Sensei said:
"I was asking Lan to get me the expansion pack for Christmas, but it's apparently going for over $200 now on Amazon."
O_O
That's a lot.
Yea. I got the Teddie plush through a contest with Atlus Faithful, though, and now I'm considering selling it on ebay. Saw one going for over $50.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel