Peace Cranes For Japan

Topic started by Superevil225 on March 11, 2011. Last post by mydeathlyways 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Make a Peace Crane for Japan. Let us all wish for their safety and quick recovery. IRL make some peace cranes. Post how many you made, and write the total after your addition. Let's try to reach 1,000. Let's see if the AV community can make a wish and spread a gesture of kindness. 

Please, don't ruin this by saying wishing wont do anything. This is to show are support to those in need. If you don't want to do this, don't post.

If you have anyone in Japan that you miss, or are worried for, or have lost, for every crane you make an post write their name. <3 You don't have to if you don't want to, but it's nice to show your support to loved ones.

( How to make

I made 1 (so far), for Shohei.
Total: 1
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Superevil225: I am not skilled enough to make paper cranes, but I will be donating at least $100 to the Red Cross as part of the Japanese Disaster Fund to send aid. I hope that it can help save a life and do some good for the poor people of Japan.  

EDIT: Here is my donation

My Donation to Red Cross
My Donation to Red Cross
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I donated ten dollars through this

text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to send $10

I know is not much but every dollar counts :)

Ill try the crane soon :)
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I appreciate the sentiment, really I do, but I appreciate those of you donating even more as well.  Every little bit helps, and it is touching to see so many people reaching out to those in need here.   
But by all means, the cranes are a touching sentiment, but the donations will actually help save lives.  Thank you for both though.
@Addfwyn said:
" I appreciate the sentiment, really I do, but I appreciate those of you donating even more as well.  Every little bit helps, and it is touching to see so many people reaching out to those in need here.   But by all means, the cranes are a touching sentiment, but the donations will actually help save lives.  Thank you for both though. "
No problem....as a person that cares about the world around me, this is the third time that I have donated and I am glad to share my paycheck with those in need. I would rather see my paycheck go to saving a person's life via medical or food services than sit around for me to waste it on another game purchase.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Superevil225: I made over 300 of these in school and sent them to that statue when I was young, I wonder if I can still make em!
@Addfwyn said:
" I appreciate the sentiment, really I do, but I appreciate those of you donating even more as well.  Every little bit helps, and it is touching to see so many people reaching out to those in need here.   But by all means, the cranes are a touching sentiment, but the donations will actually help save lives.  Thank you for both though. "
I'm starting a fundraiser at my school. :) I'm not telling people to ignore donations, I just was thinking it would be really nice to create a communal gesture of kindness. :)

@Jewel:
It seems hard at first, but it's like riding a bike! XD

@Morita_Shunsuke:
I don't think my mom would like a scary extra 10$ on the phone bill. :P I'm fund raising around town and at my school. :)
Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I dont think I'm highly skilled at making the Paper Cranes, but I'll donate some money when I get a chance. I feel so bad for the people of Japan, and I'll do what I can to help:)
@Sonata: Don't worry, mine look a little bit special. :P Thank you for donating, every dollar counts.

Update: 
3 more.
Total: 4
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Superevil225: I will give it a try once I feel up to cutting squares out of A4 paper ;p
Post by Bigheart711 (3,687 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
@Morita_Shunsuke said:
" I donated ten dollars through this  text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to send $10  I know is not much but every dollar counts :)  Ill try the crane soon :) "
Did the same. ;) I also used an Twitter Satatus App for this.
13 more complete.
Total: 17
Post by Shitsumon (132 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Having lived in Japan for 4 years I was devistated when I heard this good to know they vice cares I made a donation I will "Try" to make a crane. 

On that note I must say Whitebeard must have been pissed maybe Oda shouldn't have killed him off....Luckily Japan was prepared for this. Many of Japans buildings were constructed to withstand earthquakes so I am fairly certain the death toll won't be as significant as it would have been if they had lacked the engineering prowess and foresight.
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Shitsumon said:

"Having lived in Japan for 4 years I was devistated when I heard this good to know they vice cares I made a donation I will "Try" to make a crane.  On that note I must say Whitebeard must have been pissed maybe Oda shouldn't have killed him off....Luckily Japan was prepared for this. Many of Japans buildings were constructed to withstand earthquakes so I am fairly certain the death toll won't be as significant as it would have been if they had lacked the engineering prowess and foresight. "

Could have been a bit more senseitive, at least you are not as bad as the people simply hoping that Oda,Kishimoto and Kubo are okay and woundering when the next manga will be produced. Or even worse the jerks on facebook, heartless, truly:

here is the link:
http://i.imgur.com/7kfyw.jpg 

R.I.P to all those who lost their lives, I still want to go there someday. I will try to make a donation.
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Kurohige: trying to read that just...made me so furious, I couldn't make it past the first few comments.  Some people are just...ugh.  Should we cheer every disaster in america as karma for the native americans or the japanese concentration camps?  People need some empathy for their fellow human being. 

Thanks you guys for giving me hope in that though
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
People don't know how to diferentiate between war and a crisis

All those people talking trash make me sick! 

Someone should make a list of those names so I can print it and spit on it..
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
 I am now officially disgusted by a word pearl harbor.
@Kurohige said:

" @Shitsumon said:

"Having lived in Japan for 4 years I was devistated when I heard this good to know they vice cares I made a donation I will "Try" to make a crane.  On that note I must say Whitebeard must have been pissed maybe Oda shouldn't have killed him off....Luckily Japan was prepared for this. Many of Japans buildings were constructed to withstand earthquakes so I am fairly certain the death toll won't be as significant as it would have been if they had lacked the engineering prowess and foresight. "

Could have been a bit more senseitive, at least you are not as bad as the people simply hoping that Oda,Kishimoto and Kubo are okay and woundering when the next manga will be produced. Or even worse the jerks on facebook, heartless, truly [Image]

here is the link:
http://i.imgur.com/7kfyw.jpg 
 R.I.P to all those who lost their lives, I still want to go there someday. I will try to make a donation. "
This makes me sick (In reference of the FaceBook posts saying "Payback for Pearl Harbor...go Tsunami go!" and other hateful posts) How ignorant, foolish and utterly stupid can society get? How in the hell is this payback for the surprise attack in 1941 at Pearl Harbor? I personally want to locate these cowards and show them what I think of their hateful, damning comments.
Post by mydeathlyways (2,389 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I've at least made 20 peace cranes, I'll be sure to take a picture when I got to school tomorrow and send it to the vice.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel