Pacific Rim What Do You All Think?

Topic started by Jonny_Anonymous on July 7, 2013. Last post by KingOfAsh 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by Jonny_Anonymous (52 posts) See mini bio Level 9

So I'm sure everybody as head of the new del Toror movie that features giant Kaiju fighting giant mechs and since it's coming out at the end of the week I thought I'd start a thread asking everybodys opinion? I personally think it looks god damn amazing and I'm really hyped about going to see it. So what do you all think?

Post by Kuro_San (1,352 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I have a pre-view ticket.

That's more than enough to tell you how I'm hyped

Post by Acura_Max (2,431 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I am hyped for this movie!

@Kuro_San: Yea I would have had one by now as well but they don't go on sale where I live till tomorrow

@Acura_Max said:

I am hyped for this movie!

Yea I seen that :) anything Kojima loves I will automatically love lol

Post by sickVisionz (4,311 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I thought it would be like Gundam and was hyped, but after seeing the trailer it looks more like those bad 70s robot shows filtered though Hollywood. That's bad filtered through bad for me. I'd probably skip over this one even if it was on Netflix streaming.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,235 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Pacific Evangelion more like. :P But I'll still watch it.

@sickVisionz: Well so far the early reviews have been pretty good

The Telegraph's Tim Robey praised the film, stating: "At first, watching Pacific Rim feels like rediscovering a favourite childhood cartoon – but del Toro has flooded the project with such affection and artistry that, rather than smiling nostalgically, you find yourself enchanted all over again." Todd McCarthy of The Hollywood Reporter gave the film a positive review, stating: "Guillermo del Toro's paradoxically derivative yet imaginative sci-fi epic is everything that monster movies since the beginning of time might have wished they could be." Drew McWeeny of HitFix praised other aspects of the film: "The production design by Andrew Neskoromny and Carol Spier and the art direction by Elinor Rose Galbraith and Richard L. Johnson is masterful, and the film has an amazing, vivid palette that is captured perfectly by Guillermo Navarro's photography... It doesn't hurt that Ramin Djawadi has written a ridiculously cool score."The Guardian's Andrew Pulver was less enthusiastic, stating that the film's "wafer-thin psychodrama and plot-generator dialogue provides little for the human component to get their teeth into".[71]
Director Rian Johnson praised the film, saying: "Go into Pacific Rim prepared to be transmogrified into a 12 year old... I love it so much." Japanese game director Hideo Kojima gave the film a six-post review on Twitter, calling it the "ultimate otaku film" and stating he "never imagined [he] would be fortunate enough to see a film like this in [his] life". Musician Kanye West stated it was "easily one of [his] favorite movies of all time."

and it has 79% on Rotten Tomatoes

Rotten Tomatoe can suck my fat toe.

@Supreme Marvel: yea they can be pretty pretentious and pan good films for no reason but they usually do get it right when they say a film is good

@Jonny_Anonymous: Superman Returns: 75% Superman: Man of Steel: 56%. Should be the other way around.

@Supreme Marvel: Superman Returns wasn't actually a bad film, just kind of boring and relied to heavily on past movies

@Jonny_Anonymous: From a Superman fan. It was bad. The fact it got 75% is BS.

Post by Kuro_San (1,352 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I saw the movie....

AND IT'S AWESOME!!!!

Guillermo del Toro loves me... that's the only explanation for the baddassitude overdose of this movie....

GYPSY DANGER HAVES A FUCKING BREAST FIRE.... MAZIN-GO!

Post by Sonata (35,691 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I can't wait to see it myself.:)

Post by taichokage (15,445 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
It was great. Minimum 8.5/10 in my book. There was solid acting and tons of action and even segments of humor. On a side note, I don't know if I will take Rotten tomatoes ratings seriously though if they can possibly put Superman Returns notably above Man of Steel.
Post by Sonata (35,691 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Absolutely loved it fantastic.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,402 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Supreme Marvel said:

Pacific Evangelion more like. :P But I'll still watch it.

Get out

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel