Original Geeks...

Topic started by Jewel on Dec. 13, 2008. Last post by Jewel 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
So i was talking to my boy this morning and we were discussing music and what we grew up with, I was telling him how in Kindergarten we did a perfomrance to the yellow submarine song by the beatles.... now this song if you dont know it is all bout being on drugs... yes I can see how it could be translated too a childrens song.. but...

WTF HELLO??? this is what my generation grew up doing... we also grew up with shows like The Goodies, Astro Boy, Eagle Riders (battle of the planets), Muppet show, Sooty.. SO TOTALLY UN PC shows its not funny!... and really if you look closeley at all the stuff us Generation Xers grew up with it explains why we are a messed up lot! Geek truly started to be cool in our generation.. Star Wars figurines were the first of their kind. I remember my brothers room being full of them.. that had never occured before us.. Oh they had lunch boxes, T-shirts etc but collectable figurines were started really with Star Wars.... NOT just toys anymore they were representations of what was awesome!

SO in a lot of ways... anyone who came after us who is into comics, anime, anything Geek and can be not bullied or beated up cause really its all kinda a lot more cool than it used to be

HAS US TO THANK!

so all hail Generation X we are a messed up lot but hey YOU GOTTA LOVE THE ORIGINAL GEEKS!

Feel free to disagree with me, but im a gen xer so i wont care :-P
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Gen-Y pwns! lol XP
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
LSD is the way forward kids, Look where it got peopleXD
LMMFAO so true
Post by observer77 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 3
that uncaring attitude is so cliche LOL but if that is how you feel here is a

for you...
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 5
true dat Jewel. we are the godpeople of geek. kiddies! respect your senpai!
maxwell said:
"true dat Jewel. we are the godpeople of geek. kiddies! respect your senpai!"
Hi Fives Maxwell

observer77 said:
"that uncaring attitude is so cliche LOL but if that is how you feel here is a

for you..."
Bows.
Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I loved the Muppet show!:)
Sonata said:
"I loved the Muppet show!:)"
Best show ever! ^_^
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel