Official NBA Thread

Topic started by Katsuro_Igarashi on Dec. 20, 2008. Last post by Void_Wizard 5 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Katsuro_Igarashi (254 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Lebron can make more difficult And 1's than Wade because Lebron is physically stronger than Wade and other players in the NBA, making it easier for him to absorb contact and put the shot up.

And right now Lebron is shooting 79% from the line, compared to Wade's 76%. This may change later in the season, but right now Lebron is shooting free throws better than Wade.
Post by Devastator (62 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Katsuro_Igarashi said:
"Lebron can make more difficult And 1's than Wade because Lebron is physically stronger than Wade and other players in the NBA, making it easier for him to absorb contact and put the shot up.

And right now Lebron is shooting 79% from the line, compared to Wade's 76%. This may change later in the season, but right now Lebron is shooting free throws better than Wade."
Yeah but its about whos getting to the line more though and what do the stats say? Wade is 1 or 2 in freethrow attempt. Lebron is one of the best slashers but not the best.
It's not always about getting to the line. Getting to the line helps, but it's not the most important thing. Going to the line just helps put up easy points.
90% thats what you look for. Most teams that get far into the playoffs get to the line more than they shoot  a better percetage at it.
That may be true, but you don't have to be a great free throw shooting team to be a great team. It's harder to get some victories in certain games, but you can still be a great team without being good at free throws. (IMO anyway.) 
Katsuro_Igarashi said:
"That may be true, but you don't have to be a great free throw shooting team to be a great team. It's harder to get some victories in certain games, but you can still be a great team without being good at free throws. (IMO anyway.) "

Thats what I was saying
Post by orz (114 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Katsuro_Igarashi said:
"orz said:
"Derrick Rose is rookie of the year"
Possibly. He's playing well, but it's still only 27 games into the season. He may go through a stretch of games where he doesn't play well, or some other rookie might start playing better. But for right now, Derrick Rose is the favorite to get it."
I'm a pretty realistic guy, and I don't usually make early claims but I just have this feeling Derrick Rose is going to be great.
Devastator said:
"Katsuro_Igarashi said:
"That may be true, but you don't have to be a great free throw shooting team to be a great team. It's harder to get some victories in certain games, but you can still be a great team without being good at free throws. (IMO anyway.) "

Thats what I was saying"
Oh ok.

Yesterday's Game Results (12/22/08):

Golden State loses to Orlando 81-113
Houston beats New Jersey 114-91
Lakers beat Memphis 105-96
Sacramento loses to San Antonio 85-101
Portland loses to Denver 89-97
Toronto beats Clippers 97-75
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Cleveland is my team and always has been. I believe the Cavs will win the Championship, Lebron will be MVP, and that O. J. Mayo will be rookie of the year, not Derrick Rose.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel