Official Comic Books Discussion Thread

Topic started by takashichea on Sept. 26, 2012. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,398 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Anyone heard of Jeff Smith? He created Bone and Rasl.

Post by takashichea (13,873 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I haven't read my first comic book yet! I think I'm into animation more than reading, I guess. It's the same for me when it comes to anime and manga. I prefer to watch anime than read manga.

I haven't met Dead Pool yet until this episode in Ultimate Spider Man on Disney XD. But damn! this episode was hilarious. I love how he couldn't say the K word, Kill. He goes with "un alive." It was an incredible episode. So many 4th walls has been broken in this episode.

I just tried this show. Katana reminded me of Ellen Yin from The Batman series. It wasn't a bad show. It stresses the detective part of Batman more than the other series.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21

This what I think of the new Batman cartoon

I really sick of Batman cartoons, wish they use Nightwing or have Dick Grayson be Batman (that would be interesting)

Anyway, Teen Titans Go! is pretty good and I'll take back everything bad I said about it (but still don't like the new Batman cartoon, give another hero a chance DC)

@Destinyheroknight:

yeah, they should star some of the Robins or the Bat Girls. I never knew the comic books series had so much Bat Girls and Robins.

Did you hear about the new Hulk cartoon?

Post by sifter01 (58 posts) See mini bio Level 13

nice DC and Marvels

Injustice Among Us Issue 1

Lois's endearing moment
Lois's endearing moment

Well, I bought my first comic book. Though, it's a digital copy on Comixology about 99 cents. It's pretty cheap, but I don't know the weight of a comic book to a manga yet. I need more experience. You know me, I was wishy washy to pick my first one. Instead of focusing on one superhero/heroine, I decided to go with a group of them, Justice League. Comixology didn't have a lot. Then, I recall Justice Among Us when Daniel and the gang mentioned the video game. I never played the video game.

Reading the first issue, I didn't expect a Superman and Lois moment right off that bat. Superman is all excited that he and Lois are going to have a baby. While Superman asks Batman to be the godfather, Lois and Jimmy head to the docks. I didn't expect this twist. Joker shot Jimmy. Looks like we have a damsel in distress trope. No one messes with Superman and his chances of a happy future.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,398 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Warren Ellis is a genius.

I have to lock this thread since Supreme Marvel started a fresh one called the Comic Book Club. Check the new page.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel