Official Comic Books Discussion Thread

Topic started by takashichea on Sept. 26, 2012. Last post by takashichea 1 year ago.
Post by Acura_Max (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@takashichea: Yes, it is. You can also buy the hardback version on amazon.

Post by takashichea (12,243 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Acura_Max:

What are your favorite comic books?

Post by NoOne_13 (61 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I dont read much comics but I love the Locke and Key, its a good read if you are into fantasy trillers. I also love Scoot Pilgrim but felt it had too many pop culture references. And the Artemis Foul series is just well written in my opinion.

Post by Acura_Max (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@takashichea: I really don't consider myself an avid comic fan, but I have read a good comic book here and there.

Favorites

• Watchmen - You already know I like this one.
  • The Sandman by Neil Gaiman - Really imaginative stories. It is about the adventures of a higher god called Dream , who has powers over dreams (I did not see that one coming).
  • Y: The Last Man - A story about what would happen if all the men in the world were to die and the only hope for humankind's survival lies in the hand of one man. So far I'm currently reading this one and I like what I see so far.
  • The Amazing Spider-man (until One More Day came along) - It has some great action scenes and Peter Parker is pretty charming.

By the way, I should probably point out that both DC and Marvel have a digital comic book store on their websites: DC and Marvel.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,754 posts) See mini bio Level 11

This should be pinned

Post by Sonata (35,379 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I agree and done.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,271 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Man, Young Justice and Green Lantern was good this week

I believe the New 52 should have went the Young Justice way

Also I love Guy Gardner in the Green Lantern cartoon

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight:

One arm, no problem!
One arm, no problem!

Young Justice was awesome. I feel bad for Wally since he has to fake during Artemis's mother crying at Artemis's grave.

Real Roy surprises me how he manage to hold his own against Luthor's cybernetic secretary. Lot of folks and me at Comic Vine are stoked to see Jason Todd's memorial hologram.

Love how they called Guy Gardner the Ginger Lantern or something in Green Lantern.

@Sonata: @MarioRedfield:

Thanks!

@takashichea:

I feel more sorry for Green Arrow, since all the bad stuff happen to his sidekicks.

I was surprise how good Roy was, since he been out for eight years. Also one of my favorite parts was with Captain Cold trying to rob the bank LOL!

Another awesome week for comic book shows

Young Justice got me wondering if Aqualad is really on there side. Man, I feel Aqualad story is way better then Obito (The funny part about it is that there story is really alike)

Green Lantern was funny, loving the fight with Hal and Ch'p

Teenage Mutant Kung Fu Frogs is starting to grow on me

Really, enjoying those show more then comics lately

Online Now

This could turn up as a Young Justice thread. I don't care because Young Justice is awesome.

@Destinyheroknight:

The episode was great. Love how the ice guy (forgot his name) is hitting on that girl who Megan impersonated as. Wally brings up a good point with Aqua Lad because the death of Tula still lingers. I don't know the origin story behind the two. Not sure about Obito's similarities to Aqua Lad since I don't know Aqua Lad's story enough.

@takashichea:

You didn't watch season one? YJ show a little back story for Aqualad, it not the same in the comics

Obito and Aqualad's stories are similar (beside the dying part), both of there love interest die on a mission, finding out about there dark part of there family and turning evil

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight:

Oh, I did watch the first season but all of it. It was the year where we lost cable. The only thing I remember about Aqua Lad is that he was taking time off at Atlantis where he meets up with his old friends. I don't know if that episode mentions Tula or not.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The Spectre is awesome

@takashichea:

Tula was in the episode, she was involve with Aqualad's childhood friend Garth.

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight:

Oh man, my memory stinks. I should look up things.

Post by MrDirector786 (4,504 posts) See mini bio Level 17

It's too bad that right after coming off of a hiatus, Young Justice is going on ANOTHER one.... ugh... stupid Cartoon Network....

Online Now

For those who are interested about Dwayne McDuffie's superhero, Static Shock, and the rights to his character between DC and Mile Stones Comics read this article.

I'm a fan of Static Shock the animated series and wowed about how down to earth it was when it dealt with gangs, racism, dyslexia, and other issues. Plus, it has some DC crossovers. I never read the Static Shock comic books, but I'm interested in it. I just don't know where to buy the comic books.

@MrDirector786:

Oh, thank you. I was bummed to see some Dragon show replacing Young Justice when I woke up early just to record Young Justice and then go back to sleep.

Post by ReVamp (18 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Because this isn't dead...

@Sonata said:

@ReVamp said:

@Guyver said:

I haven't been reading the Avengers/X-Men crossover. Is it really as bad as people say?

Its horrendous. I mean, depending on how much you're into comics. I'm sure a casual reader wouldn't mind it, but as an ardent fan... Its flarking horrible.

I didnt care much for the story-arc myself dropped it after he first issue.

I read two =P

@Lugixx said:

@ReVamp: What are your main gripes about it? You don't have to write an essay or anything, I would just like to know.

Characterization, Plot, Art, dialogue. I think I just mentioned all of the main aspects of comic books right here o.O xP.

I have nothing against people who like it, I like bad video games for example -- wouldn't want someone to tell me I have no taste because I do, but I personally despise them.

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight:

Did you catch episode 10 of Young Justice? I caught it at Comic Vine when a user posted the Youtube clips.

Follow the link, and you can watch the whole episode in 5 parts.

If the video is down, I'll find another one. If there isn't, Itunes is another alternative. Hope you enjoy.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel