Now that the Bleach anime finally ended

Topic started by justanormalguy on March 27, 2012. Last post by Killer_of_trolls 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10

What do you think will be next for shonen anime? The big ones to take the reigns?

Naruto looks like it will end soon, and I heard rumors that the next game after Generations will include everything from the beginning to the end of Naruto. That game has a 2 year lifespan until the next one gets released (going by the previous games), so maybe Naruto will end in 2 years? I don't know. But it definitely looks like it will be ending soon.

Are you guys gonna continue to read the manga of Bleach? The manga continues. For how long? That is not known, but the anime is officially over.

Last episode titled "Changing History, Unchanging Heart"

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Fairy Tail will probably be the next big one. I'll continue reading the manga. It sucks that the anime is over. Bleach had a lot of crappy parts but when it hits its stride it's one of my favorites.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Now that Bleach is over (anime-wise) and Naruto seeming like the end will come perhaps in two or so years (as like the OP stated), I can see Fairy Tail joining One Piece as one of the big shonen anime series. Oda claimed awhile ago that he had enough material to keep One Piece going for many years, and I can see Fairy Tail staying around for years to come as well.

Post by takashichea (12,278 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@sickVisionz:

Fairy Tail is popular, but it's in the same situation as Bleach. It's caught to its manga counterpart's current story arc. There are no signs of fillers or anything. It's tough to figure the next big shonen series. Usually, these series are long like over 100 episodes or so.

@takashichea: It gets higher ratings than Bleach though so I doubt it will be canceled like Bleach. Catching up to the manga isn't why Bleach is going off the air, it's because it ran in a competitive time slot (one of the few non-late night anime) but had poor ratings for a long time.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@takashichea: True. Heck, I can almost see the Beelzebub anime coming back like in two years or so after the manga series builds a large enough lead over where the anime left off so that they could bring it back (so long as the people who were on the team could come back at that time, whenever it happens).

Not expecting it to happen, but one can only wish for it, right?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Hoping its Hunter X Hunter, but who knows. I'm sad that the anime is ending, I like the filler stuff better then the manga

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I don't really care that the Bleach anime ended, i stopped watching the anime around ep 180. I do still read the manga, but I don't think Bleach has been good for a long time. Personally I think Toriko will enter "Big Three" Status, sure there are manga that have sold more than Toriko, but from what I understand the manga is consistently rated pretty high in Shonen Jump, and last time i checked the anime gets more views than Bleach, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter and Fairy Tail.

Post by takashichea (12,278 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Gintama makes fun of Ichigo 100%
Gintama makes fun of Ichigo 100%

What about Gintama, everyone? I only tried a few episodes after 226 (Gintama X Sket Dance crossover). I heard it's pretty popular and its jokes are deeply rooted in the Japanese culture which may prove a hindrance to audiences outside of Japan. Also, Gintama is strange because some of its episodes are serious action with a bit of drama then it's comedy with the satire and parodies on other animes. Hard to classify it.

@sickVisionz:

Where do you get ratings data? I can't even find the basic number of views in the Crunchyroll website. The number of ratings on the episode are my only clue in that website.

@ShadowKnight508:

I'm hoping for Beelzebub's return, too. Did you catch up to its final episode, yet?

@takashichea: Search on google or ann for "Japan's Animation TV Ranking" with a month or year behind it.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Baki sequel( new grappler baki & Son of ogre).

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel