My Exercise Regime

Topic started by RedRoses on March 5, 2009. Last post by Champy 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I don't have enough pictures to do another Yoko cosplay progress update so I'll talk about exercising (but hey my Yoko cosplay is one of my motivations to exercise more so it's kind of related haha)!

So one of my resolutions has been to keep exercising regularly (not daily or else your body would get used to it and thus waste time exercising). So it's been going pretty well. I dropped down two pants sizes so now I'm a size 6. I can't wear size 8 pants without wearing a belt now so that's good. I usually exercise at around 5 PM my time but there are times when I just pick random times because of weird reasons. I do try to stay consistent though.

Here's what I would normally do when I do feel like exercising:
  • my stretches to warm up
  • 20+ crunches (it depends on what type of crunches I do since I change it up)
  • 15ish push ups (I lack upper body strength...)
  • lift 5 to 10 pound weight thingies to tone the arms out
  • run for 20ish minutes using something I like to call portions. Everything is in 30 second durations. Power walk 4 mpg, change to 7 mpg, back to 4 mpg, to 8 mpg, to 4 mpg, to 9 mpg and then rinse, cycle and repeat.
  • Brisk walk for a couple minutes so my leg muscles don't feel tense after the vigorous and odd running cycle
  • do other stretches and maybe killers

So do any of you exercise and if yes what do you do normally? How many times do you do it a week?
If you are a lazy bum (heck I used to be one too haha), what do you do to not become too engrossed with sitting on your bum and watching tv/use your computer? I know my bum falls asleep after sitting on my computer all day sometimes.

Also, is there any other exercises I should be doing? I really want to tone my belly since it could do a bit more work. I'm also trying to change it up a bit because it can get boring to do the same thing over and over again.
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Before I used to run once or twice a week, its all because of waking up in the unappropriated time. Now, I'm pretty lazy and sit at the computer all day causing my legs to go to sleep and sometimes carpel tunnel :(

Skipping can raise your endurance

Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I usually skip breafast and that's it...I'm still a skinny guy :P
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'm a lazy bum; I'm not gonna lie, but I have the benefit of being one of those ridiculously skinny people no matter what I eat. I still try to excercise when I can though, especially now that Baku got WiiFit. If you want to work on your ab muscles more--yoga is great for that; it works your core muscles. Yoga is my thing, and then I try to incorporate a little running when I excercise. Piiladis are also good for core workout, though I don't do them.
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I tried to work out but failed on my own. I use to work at a sailing academy during the summer and it would keep me in shape because of all the swimming lifting boats (you don't keep small boats in the water) and walking around all the time,plus had a nice tan to. But ever scene It closed down I gotten out of shape and can't seem to commit to an exercise regime. I think about it form time to time but I just go for about a week then stop.

Now that you got me thinking about the extra wight I put on maybe I should work out again. But where to start???
Post by Sonata (35,228 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I dont have one now but I'm gonna start one when the weather gets warm:)
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Powerwalking is my thing o yeah i also work with animals so lots of exercise  XD altough i still am a little lol
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
...................... game/anime nerd thats how exiting my life is!
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Black_Rose said:
"I usually skip breafast and that's it...I'm still a skinny guy :P
"
Thats kinda bad, a breakfast is an essential part of the day ... eat lots at breakfast and reduce along the way
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
ooo I am jealous of you skinny people :P I have to pay attention to what I eat because I'm gonna gain weight if I don't. I also hate skipping meals but I have a weird diet to begin with which I'm too lazy to delve in right now haha

@Lan: ooo I totally forgot about yoga! Thanks for reminding me, I was going to look into classes but it must have slipped my mind.

@MoonStorm: I would start doing the normal stretches and brisk power-walking. Eventually when your body gets "used" to it, you can step it up. Working gradually where you feel the pain but not overexert your body is how I'd recommend it :)
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
My exercise is lift folk eat food set down, lift can drink set down then repeat process :p
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Nerx said:
"Black_Rose said:
"I usually skip breafast and that's it...I'm still a skinny guy :P
"
Thats kinda bad, a breakfast is an essential part of the day ... eat lots at breakfast and reduce along the way
"
Actually, I just don't like eating in the morning, it makes me feel sick for the rest of the day.
Post by Raiku (64 posts) See mini bio Level 10
get a ab lounge itll help alot i used to have one and u dont have to get the 100 or 200 dollar one look up an older model which goes for 39.99 as for diet eat less meat as meat builds bulk and go more vegaterian
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I play basketball outside with people it works a lot of stuff. I do it a couple of  times a week usually 4 days a week during college and can be for hours at a time.
Post by Champy (121 posts) See mini bio Level 5
i smoke two joints, crak open some chef boyarde and run around a golf course with all of my friends. its pretty ballin.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel