Movies & TV Club

Topic started by Acura_Max on March 24, 2014. Last post by Guyver 5 hours, 28 minutes ago.
Post by nishi99 (2,186 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The new Sith better be badass.

Post by takashichea (15,146 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@taichokage: @katmic:

Guardians of the Galaxy is on my to watch list. I only heard of it thanks to Ultimate Spiderman on Disney XD that's ongoing.

Post by UsachanMaN (4,659 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Just watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and I must say, I really liked the plot..though I liked the first movie slightly better.

I liked the subtle tie it had to Shakespeare's Julius Caesar... with Caesar being overthrown and all. Kinda saw it coming XD

Star Wars Anime Homage Challenge

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

Any reference to Star Wars in anime, post them here. Let's see who can post the most pics of Star Wars!

I couldn't think of anything for discussion. Maybe, a small game.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,046 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@takashichea: Dont have the time, sorry

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

That's cool. Whenever you have time.

Does anyone want me to make a discussion thread? I heard Flash and Green Arrow is all the hype along with some other shows on Twitter. I try to comment and give these shows a try. Winter break is approaching for many of us students, high school, college, etc.

This week I watched the movie John Wick, with Keanu Reeves. If you're looking a stylish and brutal action movie, this is your kind of ****

Post by katmic (530 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Kuma_From_Argentina said:

This week I watched the movie John Wick, with Keanu Reeves. If you're looking a stylish and brutal action movie, this is your kind of ****

Just watched John Wick. It's pretty amazing. Keannu Reeves is back

Post by taichokage (16,145 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@katmic said:

Is that the one said to be Reeves' best work since the Matrix?

@takashichea: Sorry! Never noticed the Star Wars image contest.

@taichokage said:

@katmic said:

Yes. Maybe it's because i haven't seen Keannu Reeves do anything noteworthy since The Matrix but it is surprisingly amazing. The premise sounds so silly (someone kills his dog and he goes on a rampage) but they somehow manage to make it work.

Post by taichokage (16,145 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@katmic said:

@taichokage said:

@katmic said:

Yes. Maybe it's because i haven't seen Keannu Reeves do anything noteworthy since The Matrix but it is surprisingly amazing. The premise sounds so silly (someone kills his dog and he goes on a rampage) but they somehow manage to make it work.

Double lol!

@taichokage:

No worries about it. Was trying to think of something to do in the TV club that will promote discussions.

Post by chill21 (76 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Most recent movie i watched is Tak3n. it was pretty mediocre, not gonna lie. the best part of the movie was the song at the beginning and the shot of all the cars moving along.

Opinions on the return of The Flash?

PS: Watched The Raid 2... best action movie of 2014.... holy shit the movie is brutal

I update the OP with the link from Supernatural discussion thread.

I didn't watch any new TV shows or movies during winter break except Captain America which I went to the Comic Book Club instead.

I put my wish list to watch:

• Breaking Bad
  • Sherlock Holmes (the UK one)
  • Arrow
Post by SMXLR8 (8,054 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I want to join this club =D

Even with all the hype, i still haven't seen breaking bad, not even one episode.

Updates to the OP

I had to rescale the banner for Heroes. I'll upload a better banner when there are more images available.

Anyone who wants to discuss on this TV show, please see this link.

Post by Guyver (3,429 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Agent Carter, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Sonic Boom are pretty much the only shows I've been meticulously keeping up with. I'm behind on so many!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel