Movies & TV Club

Topic started by Acura_Max on March 24, 2014. Last post by takashichea 1 month, 1 week ago.
Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Spider-Man 2 was easily my favorite. I never get tired of Aunt May's "I believe there's a hero in all of us" speech. I like to revisit that particular scene whenever I'm feeling the blues. It's so powerful, and it fits well with Peter's struggle. I just love that movie. It had memorable characters, great action, and themes concerning responsibility and sacrifice.
Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Guyver: If you liked Godzilla, there's news that a sequel is already being made since the movie grossed a ton. Also, the Gareth Edwards, the Godzilla director, has also been hired to do a Star Wars spin-off. Rumor has it that he will be making the spin-off for Bobba Fett. If this means that Bobba Fett is fighting giant monsters, I'm all for it.

Spider-Man 2 was easily my favorite. I never get tired of Aunt May's "I believe there's a hero in all of us" speech. I like to revisit that particular scene whenever I'm feeling the blues. It's so powerful, and it fits well with Peter's struggle. I just love that movie. It had memorable characters, great action, and themes concerning responsibility and sacrifice.

Sam Raimi's Spider-man 2 is everyone's favorite and for good reason. It's really too bad that no spider-man movie has lived up to it since (did not see Amazing Spider-Man 2 yet).

@takashichea said:

Acura is right. I do watch these movies out of order like I did Nolan's Batman films. I didn't see the first movie. I better rent that one. I only watched Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies 1 and 2 and somehow mixed this film with the other one.

No idea what I'm right about, but I'll take it!

Another interesting trailer recently came out. This one involves a hybrid of animation and live action.

Plot Summary

Robin Wright, playing the role of herself, gets an offer from a major studio to sell her cinematic identity: she'll be numerically scanned and sampled so that her alias can be used with no restrictions in all kinds of Hollywood films - even the most commercial ones that she previously refused. In exchange she receives loads of money, but more importantly, the studio agrees to keep her digitalized character forever young - for all eternity - in all of their films. The contract is valid for 20 years.
The Congress follows Robin as she makes her comeback after the contract expires, straight into the world of future fantasy cinema.
Post by takashichea (10,879 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Time to watch Simpsons. I just saw this cool clip. I just watched the Ghibli Simpson episode with Comic Book Man getting hitched with a Japanese woman.

I don't think I'm interested in the Robin Wright trailer.

@takashichea: FinalDasa just dropped off his movie preview blog on giantbomb. might be a good idea to check it out.

@Acura_Max:

Yeah, I still building my summer movie list then go out with a bang on July 4th or 3rd, after summer school is over. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Post by taichokage (12,626 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'm going to see Guardians of the Galaxy as my top pick. But I also need to get around to X-men Days of Future Past, which looks the most promising out of most if not all the X-movies. Haven't watched Godzilla and I heard mixed but mostly positive reviews. I didn't even see Captain America. I'm disappointed. I've only managed Spiderman so far and I would've picked Cap A but the show times were bad the day I got a chance.
Post by katmic (306 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@taichokage: Days of Future Past is most definitely the best Xmen movie ever. Great action with a fairly interesting mystique/xavier oriented story.

I'll add Days of Future Past to my summer list that has so many superhero movies. Thanks Katmic and Taichokage.

Post by taichokage (12,626 posts) See mini bio Level 20
My goodness. It is the best X-movie. And if I has to say one thing, finish the credits.

@Acura_Max:

You've seen the fan trailer for The Legend of Korra - Book Three: Change. Now seen the genuine article as Nickelodeon offers an early look at what they're promising is "an epic new season filled with new characters, adventures and more!"

@takashichea: What coincidence. I just happened to post that in the Avatar Club 5 seconds ago. We're discussing it over there.

@Acura_Max:

My bad, I forgot we had an Avatar club. I'll comment over there.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel