Manga vs Novels

Topic started by deathmonger on Nov. 13, 2011. Last post by MrASSH0LE 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by deathmonger (1,036 posts) See mini bio Level 9
which do you perfer
Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Of course novels, they give a completely detailed description of situations, involving feelings and thought of the characters; also the novels allows more imagination, as it is a narration were one must imaginate the situations, in manga they just show it.

Post by Fehafare (8,061 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Right now i reading my first VN, and i will probably perfer them, as they give much more detail about the situations .And in the action just grips me more than in the manga.

Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Fehafare: Good to hear that.
By the way: Which VN are you playing?

@willyvereb: FSN.

Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Fehafare: I believe you chose one of the best pieces to start out.
FSN is a great VN if you can stomach the tons and TONS of infodumping the author pulls your through. Good luck!

@willyvereb: I am happy to hear that. I already read some volumes of the manga so it's a bit annyoing to hear the same things about the grail war again.

But i can live with it as it's really awesome.

Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I've read more manga. I've never been able to just discover a good novel outside of the Hobbit back in like 5th grade, nor have I really been interested in doing such. All of the ones I've read were super popular stuff that either my Dad or Stepmom suggested to me or Harry Potter, which the world and movies at large suggested to me. Back when I was more into manga, I was willing to invest the time to find titles I'd be interested in and I didn't mind giving new ones a shot. Because of that, I'd vote for manga.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

if i want something more detailed and serious , novels. if i want to have fun, manga.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Novels are better. The writers are capable of describing environments, situations, characters, feelings etc. by using words impressively with no need for pictures because the words paint a picture themselves. Manga on the other hand is different. If I'm in the mood for a really good story then I'll pick a novel but if I want the funner read then definitely manga.

ND

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I like both

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@deathmonger: When you says novels, you mean real books right? or are you talking about visual novels and light novels? any case my choose will be novel over manga

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Novels. Sometimes, the action scenes in manga are hard to follow.

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I prefer Manga, i haven't any novels in a very long time.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,320 posts) See mini bio Level 12

depends I'd pick 1984 over any manga but manga is generally better and by that I mean more fun to read.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel