Manga that should have an anime adaptation

Topic started by HamBanana on Dec. 13, 2011. Last post by Falbium_Asmodeus 1 month, 1 week ago.
Post by HamBanana (12 posts) See mini bio Level 9

As the title says, which manga do you feel should have an anime adaptation?

Definitely: A.I. Love You, and I began reading ST&RS..... It is sooooo gooood. That NEEDS an anime of it.

What else do you think needs an anime?

Post by Fehafare (9,361 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Wow, the community is pretty dead today, anyway i would like to see a Drifters anime, after it gets finished or at least an acceptable number of volumes.

Post by takashichea (12,355 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Even though B.Ichi ended abruptly at volume 4, I would like to see as an anime. For Kingdom Hearts fans, a Kingdom Heart anime would be awesome because I read the volumes (not all) and got confused at the storyline.

Post by Fehafare (9,361 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@takashichea: I never got into Kingdom Hearts of FF but i agree game series surely need an anime/manga adaptation for the storyline and now that i am at it a BlazBlue anime would awesome.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

For starters, I would love to see Triage X get a anime series. Created by the man who brought us Highschool of the Dead, Triage X is a great read and quickly has become one of my favorite manga series behind Sora no Otoshimono and Fate/stay Night.

Triage X (Chapter 9)
Triage X (Chapter 9)

Other than Triage X, I am not sure of what other manga series that I think should be given a anime series at this time. Thinking back, if I had my way, I would have them reboot the Kampfer anime, with the new series following the story/plot of the manga more and expanding on the great potential the franchise has within grasp (the same potential that was squandered in the lackluster efforts of the original series and the follow-up episodes of the second "series").

Quit yer yappin' and go kick ass already, crybaby!
Quit yer yappin' and go kick ass already, crybaby!
Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Eternal Sabbath and Doubt. Doubt should be given to the people that did Highschool of the Dead. Both them have a, "hey, look at me we're so cool" and teen slasher movie look and feel to them. The HSotD crew really nailed it and I think Doubt would benefit from that.

Eternal Sabbath is pretty awesome and very debbie downer and I haven't seen an anime that was over the top depressing on a regular basis in a looong time.

For continuations I'd vote Gunslinger Girl (JC Staff could do wonders with with this) and Nana.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@takashichea said:

For Kingdom Hearts fans, a Kingdom Heart anime would be awesome because I read the volumes (not all) and got confused at the storyline.

Agreed, KH would make an awesome anime; now that they are making so many games and jumping from plot-line to plot-line, an anime would be nice to organize the series. It would also be interesting to see how they would mash Disney characters with anime-style characters. It would be pretty unique.

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I would love to see Vagabond to get an anime adaptation. But i really have no idea what studio could really do the manga justice.

Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@The_Desert_Tiger: That's an awesome idea...

Cage of Eden, Gamaran, a good Mahou Sensei Negima anime, Kekkaishi needs to be completed, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2,4,7. Vinland Saga would be awesome with a good studio, Zetman, The Breaker, Transfer Student Stormbringer, A real adaptation of Getter Robo (With the Getter emperor) Drifters is also a good an awesome pick. Saint Seiya Episode G, New seasons of Hajime No Ippo, New seasons of Kenichi, A good Anime of Gantz, a good anime of Soul Eater...

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12

666 satan

Soul Eater

Drifters

Gantz

Deadman Wonderalnd

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Of course, I'm still waiting for an Umineko no naku koro ni chiru anime. (A good anime), and hopefully they fix the sin they commited with the first season (but this is only a dream)

Also a Higurashi no naku koro ni Kai Miotsukushi-hen

Ever17 or 999 would be awesome as anime (Thought it would be hard to do Ever17, due to the plot)

And Heaven's feel route of Fate stay night of course

Post by Kurohige (3,718 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Can't imagine Battle Royale as an anime, even though it is my favorite manga....however Vagabong needs at least a animated movie adaptation no doubt. It would be better than "Sword of a Stranger"
Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The next parts of Baccano, Durarara and To Aru (I want to see Fiamma and his 40 km flaming sword of doom)

I can imagine Battle Royale as an anime or as a OVA series

Post by MrXD (643 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I would like to see an anime adaptation of Unbalance x2. I really enjoy the manga and I heard that the manga series is coming to the end, by some source or something.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

NG Life would make an awesome anime. It's not long, and they'd manage to get the entire story in a 25 episodes max.

@KuroNekoXIII said:

@takashichea said:

For Kingdom Hearts fans, a Kingdom Heart anime would be awesome because I read the volumes (not all) and got confused at the storyline.

Agreed, KH would make an awesome anime; now that they are making so many games and jumping from plot-line to plot-line, an anime would be nice to organize the series. It would also be interesting to see how they would mash Disney characters with anime-style characters. It would be pretty unique.

I totally agree with this as well! :D

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,282 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Pokemon Adventures

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Definitely Gantz, I read the manga and the anime did not just satisfied me as much as the manga did... Then Saint Seiya Episode G, that will make a great anime adaption since the manga is well drawn also the Next Dimension. Drifters as well... Then Kekkaiashi, I really got into the manga after the anime was over, I wonder why the creator stopped with the anime?
Post by Lil_Cal (141 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@MrASSH0LE said:

Soul Eater

You mean a reboot so that it can follow more of the mangas plot?

I think Zombie Powder should get an anime. Since it only really started off(and never continued) I think it gives a lot of leeway for a creative plot with no worries about angering manga purest.

Post by Hibaru (74 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Kuro_San: Zetman already has an anime adaptation by TMS Entertainment planned for April.

A Dorohedoro OVA would be awesome, Hoshi no Samidare would be pretty cool for a tv series (preferably animated by gainax) as well as an animated version of pluto by Madhouse.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel