Manga + American Horror Story

Topic started by sickVisionz on Nov. 12, 2011. Last post by ReplicaRex 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,254 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I just started watching this series a few days ago and marathoned my way through it. Pretty good show but thing that stuck out the second most about it (the first being a super super hot redheaded slut maid with enough service shots to rival an anime) was this from the "Halloween, Part 1" episode was this:

She's reading Nana, which is my favorite manga. She's pretty early in as, that's volume 1, but I thought this was super cool. I might be late on it since it's called "Halloween, Part 1" and it's mid-November, but this really made my day. So much that I decided to do a creepy teen girl imitation photo:

I don't know if I should actually be happy as *spoiler alert* this girl isn't exactly well adjusted, but hey I'll give the thumbs to someone writing that she was reading a manga and there wasn't really any focus on her reading it, it was just another book that kids read.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Maybe this show was inspired by some anime/manga?

Post by sickVisionz (4,254 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@MohsinMan99: If anything, I'd say it's directly lifted from the first and best Goosebumps book

Post by Renachan (8 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Totally missed that, cool catch there! :) I will say as someone who has seen everything but the season finale, while Violet has issues so does everyone in the show who is actually a character.

As for airdates, yes it aired around halloween but eh. that was only 8 episodes back.

*spoilers*
Plus I would say Violet has one of the best character arcs. She's my favorite character in the show, and scenes like thus with her being a normal teenage girl add to that.
Post by ReplicaRex (584 posts) See mini bio Level 18

@sickVisionz said:

@MohsinMan99: If anything, I'd say it's directly lifted from the first and best Goosebumps book

Now that is classic right there. I guess Manga is finally becoming more mainstream now?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel