Literature Club

Topic started by KingOfAsh on Nov. 27, 2013. Last post by Kuma_From_Argentina 4 weeks ago.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,381 posts) See mini bio Level 15

We have a club for everything else, so I think it's time we had a club for books (not comic books, controversially).

Here is the place to talk about all things to do with literature, from what you're reading, books you have read, books you will read, writing books, audiobooks, Kindles, different kinds of books, library's, favourite authors, hardcover vs paperback, poems, plays and countless other things.

So, what are you reading at the moment?

Post by Acura_Max (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@KingOfAsh:

and I have been asking for a club like this since ever.

Right now I'm reading Ringworld . After finishing that, I'm going to read Cuckoo's Calling (Dat new J.K. Rowling book) and Ender's Game.

We got a new club!

@Acura_Max: Ringworld is awsome! Where are you up to? I've been meaning to read the Cuckoo's calling (and The Casual Vacancy) and Ender's Game is a great read. I've just finished Silverthorn by Raymond E. Feist.

@KingOfAsh: I've been meaning to finish the book, but I was only able to get to chapter 3 before I was rudely interrupted by school.

Silverthorn by Raymond E. Feist.

Added to my list of books I'll get to someday.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

History books are my favorite to read.

@DBZ_universe: History is indeed awesome. Any favourite type of history, or history in general?

@KingOfAsh: any type of history. Even sports history.

I also love reading science, biology and astronomical books.

@DBZ_universe: I like the big book of submarines

@KingOfAsh: Wow that looks cool to read right now! I also love animal geographic books! Especially on reptilian and sea anomeals. Also prehostoric animal books.

@DBZ_universe: Mainly though I read fiction. Just started reading The Armageddion Rag by George R. R. Martin.

@KingOfAsh: never seen it. Have you read The Road? That book is awesome.

@DBZ_universe: Haven't read it (they made a movie of it a few years back didn't they?) but it'll be on my list now. No doubt you've heard of the same series by George R. R. Martin though haven't you?

@KingOfAsh: They did but they change stuff IRRC. To be honest, I never pay attention to the author just the title lol. I am about to start a book I bought the other day...need to look for it tho sonce my room is a mess. I think is about mistery and suspense.

@KingOfAsh: They did but they change stuff IRRC. To be honest, I never pay attention to the author just the title lol. I am about to start a book I bought the other day...need to look for it tho sonce my room is a mess. I think is about mistery and suspense.

@DBZ_universe: The other series he wrote is....

@KingOfAsh: oh lol. I actually have heard the GoT book is amazing. Gotta try it out.

Post by katmic (352 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Has anyone read the first law trilogy? The first book is pretty impressive

Goodreads.com have posted their "Best Books of the Year." With 24, 686 votes the best book is (drum roll) "And the Mountains Eoched by Khaled Hosseini." Interesting choice. I was expecting it to be this year's Pulitzer Prize winner, "The Orhan Master's Son." Either way I did enjoy his previous book, " A Thousand Splendid Suns" and I did hear a lot of good thing for "The Kite Runner." So, I'll check out this book.

@katmic: I'll check it out when sometime!

(Fondly remembering Mortal Engines)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel