Jynx Isn't Racist

Topic started by Destinyheroknight on July 12, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,228 posts) See mini bio Level 21

This video prove that Jynx isn't a racist, now we need a video that prove Mr.Popo isn't racist

I wondering why Nintendo didn't tell the parent groups about this?

So what do you guys think of this video?

Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Online Now

Mr. Popo isn't racist, he's just made by a society and culture that's like 99% one race so there is no real concept of racial insensitivity and there is nobody to raise the issue when situations occur.

They probably think Sambo dolls look cool and that's enough. All three African-Japanese people probably can't bring enough light to the issue and as inclusive as Japan is, they probably wouldn't have the desire to go against the grain as they likely aren't liked or accepted as it is and this would only worsen their situation.

Post by takashichea (11,700 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I think Americans are too oversensitive to these things. The video is a bit strange, but he laid down facts that I find interesting, the Ganguro, Viking Ice Princess, and the Yuki-onna (Japanese ice spirit). Nintendo should release some facts on Jynx's creation to make it official.

As for black stereotypes, I remember the mammy stereotype.

Some people don't know that we have the biggest Mammy in America, Oprah.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,525 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I think people just don't understand what real racism is. Real Racism in my opinion is being prejudiced against someone because they are a different skin colour from you or from a different country i.e. calling someone a black ******. To simply have one character who is black and looks a bit weird isn't racist because not all people look like that. Maybe if they had a whole bunch of black people who were retarded or something, then that would be racist, if they had specified that were all african or something. I think to be really racist you have to have the intention of being racist. I don't think there's such a thing as being accidentally racist of there was no malice behind an action.

Plus is Mr Popo even human? He seems to be some kind of immortal being lol.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,881 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ohgodwhy said:

I think people just don't understand what real racism is. Real Racism in my opinion is being prejudiced against someone because they are a different skin colour from you or from a different country i.e. calling someone a black ******. To simply have one character who is black and looks a bit weird isn't racist because not all people look like that. Maybe if they had a whole bunch of black people who were retarded or something, then that would be racist, if they had specified that were all african or something. I think to be really racist you have to have the intention of being racist. I don't think there's such a thing as being accidentally racist of there was no malice behind an action.

This.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,228 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@ohgodwhy:

Real Racism in my opinion is being prejudiced against someone because they are a different skin colour from you or from a different country i.e. calling someone a black ******. To simply have one character who is black and looks a bit weird isn't racist because not all people look like that. Maybe if they had a whole bunch of black people who were retarded or something, then that would be racist, if they had specified that were all african or something. I think to be really racist you have to have the intention of being racist. I don't think there's such a thing as being accidentally racist of there was no malice behind an action.

Tell that to parent groups LOL!

I always think Mr Popo was a genie

Post by Bigheart711 (3,775 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

I also thought racism in general was a rather sensitive subject to most Americans, but there are still a lot of people that are totally racist with the very intent to be racist. In Jynx's case, it was a completely unintended matter that had to be covered up from a good amount of research and it really wasn't Nintendo's fault for it.

@Destinyheroknight: @ohgodwhy: From what I can remember, Mr. Popo is an immortal being.

Post by Fehafare (9,043 posts) See mini bio Level 13

How about making a pokemon episode in which a Jynx saves those cotton pokemon by collecting them in a field or something like that?

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

LOL!

Post by DBZ_universe (15,661 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Jynx isn't racist.. nor Mr. Popo..

but that video was funny

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel