Jeannie (I Dream of Jeannie) vs Samantha (Bewitched)

Topic started by The Stegman on Aug. 30, 2012. Last post by The Stegman 2 years ago.
Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Rules: 

-Both are bloodlusted, no morals 
-Both have basic knowledge of the other 
-Both start out 25 feet apart 
-No Prep 

Scenario- Major  Nelson ends up getting in a fight with Darrin Stephens after a poker game went wrong, he goes home angry and swear an oath of blood vengeance on Darrin, telling Jeannie to go over to his house and rough him up a bit, Jeannie does it. However, after entering the house, she encounters Sam instead, and a fight to the death ensues. 

WHO WINS?? 

vs
vs

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

You got the ugliest Samatha pic possible.

I don't recall their powers, but I go with Samantha. Doesn't Jeannie have to be asked to do something in order to use her magic to do anything other than go into a bottle? I recall episodes where there was something that she needed to do that would be of benefit to everyone (ie fighting Samantha) but she couldn't be because Major Nelson didn't tell her to specifically. Samantha has her own powerful magic, although I don't think I've ever seen her do feats matching what Jeannie could do, and complete autonomy in using her magic so I think she'll take it because of that.

Additionally, Jeannie is kinda ditzy and airheaded. She'd probably make a mistake in casting a spell even if she had autonomy.

Good post though. I like the idea of bloodlusted 60s and 70s sitcom wives.

@sickVisionz:  

You got the ugliest Samatha pic possible.

I don't recall their powers, but I go with Samantha. Doesn't Jeannie have to be asked to do something in order to use her magic to do anything other than go into a bottle? I recall episodes where there was something that she needed to do that would be of benefit to everyone (ie fighting Samantha) but she couldn't be because Major Nelson didn't tell her to specifically. Samantha has her own powerful magic, although I don't think I've ever seen her do feats matching what Jeannie could do, and complete autonomy in using her magic so I think she'll take it because of that.

Additionally, Jeannie is kinda ditzy and airheaded. She'd probably make a mistake in casting a spell even if she had autonomy.

Good post though. I like the idea of bloodlusted 60s and 70s sitcom wives. 

Actually, Jeannie needed no command in order to do magic, most of the time, the entire premise of the episode was her doing magic that Nelson didn't know she did and then them trying to fix the mess, I was watching an episode today (which gave me the muse for this thread) where Nelson had an eye exam coming up, and in hopes of making him pass it, she tried to give him perfect vision, however she gave him x ray vision instead and hilarity ensued.  However, if I may throw in my own two cents, I think Sam for that reason, has a better understanding of her magics, Jeannie often messes up with her own spells and they backfire, I have hardly ever seen Sam's spells do that, she has a better mastery over magic, although Jeannie may have more magical power, at the end, i guess it would come to power vs prowess. 

PS. I changed the Samantha photo heheh
Post by Samimista (178 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Interesting fight though I don't know much about both characters so I can't choose. I was however named after Samantha from Bewitched. =3 My grandmother named me Samantha as she was a major fan of the show. For some reason I Dream of Jeannie creeps me out lol. Also, hi there The Stegman! =D Didn't know you were a member on here as well.~

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I don't know anything about battles, but I'm in the Jeannie camp. I think their powers are pretty much the same, meaning TV-magic which can do anything. Jeannie teleported into space, traveled back in time, turned people into all manner of animal and object, but so did Samantha. Now, the one weakness that Jeannie has that Sam doesn't is the bottle. Whoever owns the bottle, can command the genie within. Of course, classic nature of the d'jinn is one of manipulation and deceit, so most of the time, the wishes they granted ended in tragedy. Jeannie was a romanticized update on the classic and she was only vengeful from time to time. Come to think of it, she had a mean streak to her that Samantha certainly was missing. I recall many an episode where she'd wisk Roger or even Tony into some burning death device with just a blink.

Next up: "Jeannie", Jeannie's evil sister versus "Serena", Samantha's evil cousin. (aka "All Brunettes are Evil")

Jeannie's sister is also named Jeannie - Samantha's cousin is name Serena (Usagi?!)
Jeannie's sister is also named Jeannie - Samantha's cousin is name Serena (Usagi?!)

On a side note, the original theme song to I Dream of Jeannie is still among my most favorites. It's different than the one most people know of since it only ran during the first season which was in black & white.

@Samimista: Yup i'm a member here too, though I usually stay on the Vine every once in a while I must indulge my anime side ^_^
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel