Is Raditz really FTL?

Topic started by DJSNuva1 on Sept. 6, 2009. Last post by Auron 4 years, 7 months ago.
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11

OK, in the english Dub version of DBZ, Piccolo says "He must be faster than the speed of light"... But in the Manga Piccolo says "no one... Can move so fast" And the FTL line just isn't even in the Japanese version of the anime. 

So, my question is, was Raditz really ever FTL or not?

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
No i think it was just an overstatement to point out that he was super speedy compared to everyone else
@Kelleth said:
"No i think it was just an overstatement to point out that he was super speedy compared to everyone else "

Basically, a hyperbole?
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
No Raditz isn't faster than light or anywhere near that speed. It was an exaggerated statement in Piccolo's part and he was simply marking and was surprised at how fast Raditz was for them at the time. Also what Piccolo stated in the anime was filler. It was very surprising for both Piccolo and Goku to meet someone as fast as Raditz at the time however he was not faster nor as fast as light.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
yep something like OMFG HE SO FRIGGIN FAST THAT I CAN ONLY COMPARE HIM WITH LIGHT SPEED!!!~ whilst raditz was probably moving at mach 5 or something like that >_>

That's what I was thinking. If Raditz was really FTL, then why would it take Goku 3 weeks to cross snake way, which is only 10,000 miles?
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Nope. Alot of characters have been said to be light speed, but never actually are.

@DJSNuva1 said:
" That's what I was thinking. If Raditz was really FTL, then why would it take Goku 3 weeks to cross snake way, which is only 10,000 miles? "

Didn't Goku also get side tracked? Plus its Goku c'mon man 3 weeks is pretty impreesive :p
@Acer said:
"Nope. Alot of characters have been said to be light speed, but never actually are.

@DJSNuva1 said:
" That's what I was thinking. If Raditz was really FTL, then why would it take Goku 3 weeks to cross snake way, which is only 10,000 miles? "
Didn't Goku also get side tracked? Plus its Goku c'mon man 3 weeks is pretty impreesive :p "

LOL but nonstop going back from snake way (when he was much more powerful than Raditz), if Goku was FTL then, it should have taken him less than 1 second instead of four days.
Post by Sonata (35,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @Acer said:
"Nope. Alot of characters have been said to be light speed, but never actually are.

@DJSNuva1 said:
Didn't Goku also get side tracked? Plus its Goku c'mon man 3 weeks is pretty impreesive :p "
LOL but nonstop going back from snake way (when he was much more powerful than Raditz), if Goku was FTL then, it should have taken him less than 1 second instead of four days. "
That is what I tell most people in all the Goku vs Superman debates, but alas the DBZ fanboys refuse to listen:/
Post by DaMan (56 posts) See mini bio Level 1
@DJSNuva1 said:
"That's what I was thinking. If Raditz was really FTL, then why would it take Goku 3 weeks to cross snake way, which is only 10,000 miles? "

I don't get this question. I think you mean if Goku was really FTL.
@DaMan said:
"@DJSNuva1 said:
"That's what I was thinking. If Raditz was really FTL, then why would it take Goku 3 weeks to cross snake way, which is only 10,000 miles? "
I don't get this question. I think you mean if Goku was really FTL. "

No, the debate is was Raditz FTL. We're comparing Goku's slowness when he was much more powerful than Raditz to say that Raditz was not FTL.
@DJSNuva1:
Ohhh ok. I think Goku was weaker than Raditz since he needed assistance from Piccolo.
@DaMan said:
"@DJSNuva1: Ohhh ok. I think Goku was weaker than Raditz since he needed assistance from Piccolo. "

What I'm saying is that when on his way back to earth from snake way, he was much more powerful than Raditz (PL of over 9000) Then he had a higher PL then Raditz did when Goku had fought him last. So traveling snake way on the way back it took him four days traveling his fastest while it was only 10,000 miles. If he was FTL, the trip would have taken less than one second.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@DaMan said:
" @DJSNuva1: Ohhh ok. I think Goku was weaker than Raditz since he needed assistance from Piccolo. "
Of course he was weaker however Nuva pointed it out that Goku was still slower because that was after he died and before he received any training from King Kai.
@DJSNuva1:
That's true but you have to consider all the distractions Goku came across.
@DaMan said:
"@DJSNuva1: That's true but you have to consider all the distractions Goku came across. "

He didn't have any distractions on the way back, only the way there.
@DJSNuva1 said:
"@DaMan said:
"@DJSNuva1: That's true but you have to consider all the distractions Goku came across. "
He didn't have any distractions on the way back, only the way there. "

Ok. If you didn't know, Goku wears weights so that's probably what slowed him down. If I can find his fight with Tien I'll show you that as proof.
Post by Sonata (35,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@DaMan said:
" @DJSNuva1 said:
"@DaMan said:
Ok. If you didn't know, Goku wears weights so that's probably what slowed him down. If I can find his fight with Tien I'll show you that as proof. "
I dont thinks that a big difference, its not like those weights were as heavy as buses.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
or even a car, considering DBZ is full of exxageration.....
@DaMan said:
"@DJSNuva1 said:
"@DaMan said:
Ok. If you didn't know, Goku wears weights so that's probably what slowed him down. If I can find his fight with Tien I'll show you that as proof. "

It doesn't matter. When Goku first travels snake way, he says it took him nearly a year. That's with all the distractions. Without any distractions, and after his training with King Kai, it took him 2 days to get to the other side of Snake Way. At this point, he was much more powerful than Raditz, and still nowhere near light speed.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel