Is Peace Attainable?

Topic started by Madkinglord on Nov. 7, 2013. Last post by Dream 11 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Madkinglord (180 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Yes, humans a resourceful we will find a way.
  • No, it's merely an illusion created by those who don't want to accept reality.
Post by Madkinglord (180 posts) See mini bio Level 14
  • What does peace mean to you?
  • Do you believe in peace?
  • is it possible to achieve peace?
  • Is the country you live in peaceful?
  • What do you think of the situations regarding terrorism, wars in the world?
  • Can peace be achieved with communism or democracy or neither?
  • Can humans attain peace via political means?
  • Is it possible to have both Peace and freedom?
  • What are your views?

___

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

My views:

Nah jk lol

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@UltimateHero0406 said:

My views:

Nah jk lol

Sadly his view/approach to world peace is the only kind that will work. Humans have been around for thousands of years and still aren't anywhere close to cracking the peace nugget and I think technology has only made it worse. Maybe lessened it for peace as in no world wars but has obliterated the concept of civil discourse and rational discussion.

Post by 5th (1,298 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Madkinglord said:

• What does peace mean to you?
  • Do you believe in peace?
  • is it possible to achieve peace?
  • Is the country you live in peaceful?
  • What do you think of the situations regarding terrorism, wars in the world?
  • Can peace be achieved with communism or democracy or neither?
  • Can humans attain peace via political means?
  • Is it possible to have both Peace and freedom?
  • What are your views?

___

Peace is equality and liberty; however, these two things are impossible to achieve because we are HUMANS

Yes, I strongly believe in peace (I'm against violence unless its necessary); however, peace can only be made by sacrifice or humanity finds something worse than each other.

Peace is impossible to achieve, MAN will always be ignorant to the truth.

America... peaceful? A country ruled by ignorant men and a nation misguided by vague concepts of what they perceive to be "Right" and "Wrong." No. Eventually America is only going to get worse as the years progress.

Terrorism and wars are all completely unnecessary, but they will never stop until people learn how to stop judging others and instead learn or accept others for their principles, beliefs, or appearance. (Only exception is if the person is completely bat shit crazy and killing everyone) Other wise, we should all be learning how to be socially healthy and how to understand others, terrorism is mainly caused by denial or refusal to change, or provocation, but all of this can be prevented by talking and discussing, why is it so hard for others to understand someone's else truth and leave it at that?

Neither, peace can only be achieved if humanity rejoices as a whole civilization of humans, we should accept our differences and acknowledge our different backgrounds, but never forget that we're all the same because we're all human, and nothing will change that.

Never, when man attains power he abuses it, it is apart of our nature and an instinct in our minds, there's an experiment that confirms this. Look it up, it's called the Stanford prison Experiment.

Peace is not always about freedom, control is a good thing but control should only be decided together as a whole. Personally, I do not know how to answer this question yet, I hope so in the future.

My views are is peace can only be achieved by sacrifice, and change can only be made with sacrifice... we must learn to give something and in return we'll be given, nothing's free, everything requires an equivalent exchange (FMA reference totally unintended), and until we accept this notion we'll never change as a whole, we'll repeat the past, and eventually everything will fade.

Humanity is forever bound to destroy themselves, it's the truth, our mistakes in the past will eventually catch up with us and bite us from the behind.

My only hopes now is to wait for the end which I believe draws near. (Just from looking into the past and using all the knowledge I've gathered to decide the most plausible outcome for the future.)

I would also like to say that I'm only sixteen too and that some of my views on the world is supported by a physicists named Michio Kaku who explains the Types of Civilizations we're going through and how we're at the brink of planetary suicide, he's a very good speaker and has great lectures on the world and the universe which I find appealing.

Also, I do believe there's a God out there in the universe (The Biblical God) and that Jesus is my savior, but that's just what I believe in.

Post by gtg12 (139 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Hate to say it but no, I don't think peace is attainable.

Post by 5th (1,298 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Also, we should really stop blaming the past and instead take responsibility for our own future.

Learn from the past, live in the present, and think for the future.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@sickVisionz said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

My views:

Nah jk lol

Sadly his view/approach to world peace is the only kind that will work. Humans have been around for thousands of years and still aren't anywhere close to cracking the peace nugget and I think technology has only made it worse. Maybe lessened it for peace as in no world wars but has obliterated the concept of civil discourse and rational discussion.

Gotta agree with this. True peace has always been a purely subjective case.

Post by nishi99 (1,784 posts) See mini bio Level 11

You will never have true peace because somebody is always going to try to start something. However the world is way more peaceful overall then in any other time in human history. So overall the future will be more peaceful if we will continue at the rate we're going.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@sickVisionz said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

My views:

Nah jk lol

Gotta agree with this. True peace has always been a purely subjective case.

I can see what you guys are saying. But this form of peace requires turning everyone into little more than farm animals. If that's the case, then dictatorship >>> democracy. And to maintain this peace we'd have to monitor everyone 24/7 and blow out the brains of anyone who even sneezes funny. This would in turn create an adversarial relationship between the govt and civilians which would start the fighting all over again, just for different reasons (freedom fighters). And thus, the whole thing becomes pointless. People will always find a reason to fight something and having to constantly kill people didn't quite count as peace.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

peace will only be possible when humans get rid of that stupid thing called the Ego and accept they are inferior beings . as long as humans look for total control over other ones and absolute power , peace is a mere illusion for now.

Post by AFGM (144 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Post by Kobra678 (3,348 posts) See mini bio Level 15

If it is, humanity is nowhere close to achieving it. Neither now of in the foreseeable future.

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@UltimateHero0406: Pain's peace wasn't zombies. It was that there'd be a super army so powerful that they could basically bully the world into never going to war. If you take issue with the conceptual restraint, that's one thing but in application all it means is that there aren't any world wars.

For what Madara/Obito wanted, there peace is like the Matrix where it feels like regular life but it actually isn't. Again, if you're against the concept of it it would be bad but in application it feels like everyday life minus wars. Hell, you wouldn't even know there was wool being pulled over your eyes.

Even right now in the real world, you don't have total and complete freedom. Do some things and your ass will get thrown in jail. You have enough freedom to not mind the restraints. Pain and Obito's peace would be like that. As long as you weren't trying to goto war, you'd never run up against them. They'd essentially be like the police/military, but actually effective in preventing crime.

Post by Dream (7,903 posts) See mini bio Level 21

As long as there are squabbles/ battles between groups and countries of people over things like ideologies, money and resources, peace is nothing more but an impossible dream.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel