Is Our Sheltered Comunity Growing?

Topic started by Superevil225 on Jan. 10, 2011. Last post by Tempestangel 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I've been noticing recently that there are quite a few more people posting. I occasionally check to see how many users are online, and to my surprise: We're bigger. Generally when I check to see how may users are online it's a wimpy number. Recently I've noticed a lot more users appear on this list. Is AV getting more active? :O
Post by SSJjanemba (2,178 posts) See mini bio Level 11

i dont know it could be anime is getting more popular
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I'm slowly convincing people on Giant Bomb to post on Anime Vice so yes...but be prepared.
Post by OmegaPirate (6 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Hey sup everybody ZombiePie told us there was this rad Party going on with pole dancers and Jell-o and.... Wait a minute....
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@omegapirate:  Nooo. I said that they had nachos and pizza, and maybe if we got the gas money we could drive to Nevada and meet some "nice" ladies.
Post by adoggz (210 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@zombiepie: count me in, but only if they have "ladies" too.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,295 posts) See mini bio Level 21
WAND! Make this website grow
I'm so glad that Anime Vice is growing :)
Post by EquitasInvictus (332 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@zombiepie: Is that why Coonce posted that poll?
Post by OmegaPirate (6 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Destinyheroknight: Oh snap - my childhood - it just flashed before my eyes 

It was horrifying
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff

AV Traffic from Sept - Jan
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
The more the merrier.    :)
Post by Bigheart711 (3,981 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@ethan said:
"
"

From the looks of this, Anime Vice is really growing. Thanks for the Info, Ethan. :)
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Apparently it is. 

ND
Staff
Honestly the site should have doubled it's traffic between the beginning and end of 2010.  It didn't.  But it did grow by 50% over the 12 months.  My goal for 2011 is to double the traffic to the site.
@ethan: Have any plans for the site for the year that might help us reach that goal?  

I think we've got the potential to get there.
Post by Obsidian (5 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I think a big part of it is that Wiskey Media is growing.  I know I first came over to Anime Vice from seeing the banner at the bottom of Giant Bomb.  It was the same with Tested and Screened as well.
Staff
@EquitasInvictus said:
" @ethan: Have any plans for the site for the year that might help us reach that goal?   I think we've got the potential to get there. "
Two major focuses will be on: 

Wiki pages: 
  • Fixing broken wiki code.
  • Make tutorials and style guides for AV.
  • Use the Task system to fill in troubled areas.  
  • Downplay -- and in some cases delete -- hentai related pages. 

Community Posts: 
  • Empower the community to write blog/articles such as Beginners Guides, 2011 Winter Preview, etc.
  • Would love to get engineering resources to have a system where the community votes for great community blog posts, and multiple votes lands the blog post onto the homepage of AV -- or on the /news page 

Besides Tom and Godlen's articles I don't intend to return AV to the Host model that the other whiskey sites have -- unless an amazing host just fell into our lap -- but otherwise we'll continue to push AV to be the best community powered Anime site in the crab nebula.
@Obsidian: I agree. I was actually first drawn into Giant Bomb more than a year ago due to their Persona 4 endurance run. Then I learned it was part of a bigger umbrella of websites under Whiskey Media and I found out about Anime Vice's existence.  

I've only more recently decided to become an active member here, myself, due to having a little more free time lately. I also never became a member of any of the websites until subscriptions started around the time of the Big Live Live Show Live - I felt like I wanted to support this place, GB and Tested since these are the websites I've been browsing the most lately and I'd be shortchanging them if I didn't contribute. 

I'm looking forward to this place growing even more this year - hopefully it starts growing by its own right, even. I especially hope we start absorbing a lot more like-minded people in terms of those with an avid interest in discussing anime so that the forums and community-at-large expands even more.
Staff
@EquitasInvictus:  

The sites that send AV the most traffic are Google, Giantbomb then Comicvine.  But in the last 7 months, GB has been sending about the same amount of users to the site each month ( no significant growth )
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ethan said:
" @EquitasInvictus said:
" @ethan: Have any plans for the site for the year that might help us reach that goal?   I think we've got the potential to get there. "
Two major focuses will be on: 

Wiki pages: 
  • Fixing broken wiki code.
  • Make tutorials and style guides for AV.
  • Use the Task system to fill in troubled areas.  
  • Downplay -- and in some cases delete -- hentai related pages. 

Community Posts: 
  • Empower the community to write blog/articles such as Beginners Guides, 2011 Winter Preview, etc.
  • Would love to get engineering resources to have a system where the community votes for great community blog posts, and multiple votes lands the blog post onto the homepage of AV -- or on the /news page 
Besides Tom and Godlen's articles I don't intend to return AV to the Host model that the other whiskey sites have -- unless an amazing host just fell into our lap -- but otherwise we'll continue to push AV to be the best community powered Anime site in the crab nebula. "
Thank you reminding me that we should list the hentai uploaders so we can instantly mail all of them when the time comes. As it seems that they are not aware of anything outside of the wiki :)
 I love the idea to make a vote system for the blogs that would be an instant hit! 

I do hope we mods get some more additions, because if we can't delete spam on blog posts and reviews its going to get messy.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel