Investigation into Illegal Activities at Anime Vice: One Arrest

Topic started by crusader8463 on March 11, 2010. Last post by Sonata 4 years, 5 months ago.
Post by crusader8463 (739 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Dear Anime Vice community:

I have been given the unenviable task here today of informing the Anime Vice community that I have lied to all of you about who I really am. You see I am actually not the person whom I have portrayed myself to be over these last few months. My actions on the website and forums have been a direct attempt at infiltrating the Anime Vice offices on behalf of an organization dedicated to the pursuit of stopping illegal activities that where being perpetrated by a member of the staff. Some of you may have noticed a simple minded, wise cracking, guy who showed up out of nowhere a few months ago, and who has slowly began to entrench himself into every possible facet of the community; this was me, and not me. You see it was a cover story that I was assigned to use as a means to get a mole into the Anime Vice offices. Over the months I have done various things to appear as being an active part of the community, such as: writing a series of reviews that were featured on the front page, creating various photoshops for use in the websites videos/articles, keeping an active blog about my attempt at watching every episode of One Piece, and most recently I was honored to be the first person to write for the new User Submissions column on the website; as well as designing a logo for it . While these actions may have appeared as a humble fan of the community trying to help the site in any way he could, they where actually specifically designed, and created, for the sole purpose of gaining the trust of the community and staff of Anime Vice.

The real reason that I was sent here was to investigate the possibility of a member of the Anime Vice Staff being involved in illegal activities that directly hurt the anime and manga industry. The individual in question has been using their status within the website to attain early copies of various materials, scanning them and then posting them on the internet; this act is more commonly known as creating scanlations.  After months of building my reputation amongst the community, with the ultimate goal of being accepted as just another dedicated member of the community, I was able to convince a member of the staff to work as a mole on the inside.

After weeks of surveillance, and careful planning, the mole was finally able to get proof of the suspects actions when they were able to attain photographic evidence of the suspect while they were involved in an illegal activity. Unfortunately, shortly after he was able to transmit the photos we lost contact and have not heard from him since. For the safety of his family we must not reveal Johns name to the public, but I would like to make it clear here and now that his heroic sacrifice against this most evil kind of person will not be in vain. Thanks to the hard work of the mole we now have proof of the illegal actions we suspected where being perpetrated in the Anime Vice Offices, and a detachment of our best operatives are on the way to the suspects believed location to apprehend them and to attempt the recovery of the moles remains. As thanks to the community for their unknowing assistance in allowing myself to attain a position that I needed to be in, as a means to bring this vile person to justice, I feel as if I owe it to the community that I share the suspects identity. Without your help they would never have been stopped from their continued destruction of the anime and manga industry that we all hold so dear.

Below is the attached photographic evidence that the mole was able to sneak out of the Anime Vice HQ disguised as a blog post; at the cost of his own life. As a word of warning, the suspect’s identity may come as a shock to all of you. The suspect was such an important figure amongst the sites Staff that even I did not want to believe it was true, but I assure you that it is. The actions taking place in these photos are rather graphic, and should not be viewed by the weak of heart. 

To Johns surviving family, and the Anime Vice Community, I would like to thank you for your help on behalf of myself and the organization i work for. Sadly for your own safety we cannot allow you to remember reading this article. If you would please just look at the attached photo at the very bottom of this article we can finish this up and have you on your way. 

Thank you.
 Thank you.
NOTE: This article is a work of fiction and is just a joke. No gia is not really an evil anime/manga scanlation villain globe trotting around the world torturing anyone who gets in her way while wearing uncomfortable looking anime inspired outfits. At least not to my knowledge. Actually, just to be on the safe side, if i disappear over the next few weeks assume that she is in fact such a person and inform the authorities for me please and thank you. Oh and feed my cat too, her name is Flower.
Post by Voxel (179 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Well played, sir.
Post by Arjuna (202 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Tomorrow is garbage day.  I must remember to put the garbage out.  This reminded me....  Taking out the trash.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
So that's whats been going on.      o_O

@crusader8463:  Links don't work.
@Arjuna said:
" Tomorrow is garbage day.  I must remember to put the garbage out.  This reminded me....  Taking out the trash. "
I take it you liked it?
@JJOR64: Thanks i fixed them. It was a problem with them not keeping the hyperlink data from word when i copied it over.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@crusader8463:   I've had that issue as well.  I don't hyper link anything till I put my text into the text box here on AV.
Post by Wraith (140 posts) See mini bio Level 17
huh, where am I? I believe I was reading something but I can't remember what...
@JJOR64: Normally i do too, but i had to copy this article about five times between the forums and a word document before it made it here. To be honest I'm surprised that it didn't somehow get translated to German or something else along the way.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20
That was brilliant, I tip my hat to you sir. I think the photos are what made it perfect. You should get some points on your profile for this.
@Newten: Thank you but i require no reward for my actions. I am but a humble man, traveling the wastes of the internet spreading the lulz when ever possible. Fifteen years later i have found my son, and together we...Sorry. I keep trying to add the Kung Fu The Legend Continues story to every post i make. It's a weird habit i have... 

Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@natetodamax said:
" Well played, sir. "
Good Job
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@crusader8463: Hilarious!  You had me paranoid!  I assumed one of our interns was going to jump out judo chop me as I read this.
@ethan said:
" @crusader8463: Hilarious!  You had me paranoid!  I assumed one of our interns was going to jump out judo chop me as I read this. "
Glad I could add a little excitement to your day. lol
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

lol woooooooooooww
Post by Pepper (2,496 posts) See mini bio Level 11

lmao sooo loved this
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Post by Rayleon (461 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@crusader8463: i have a question

how can scanlation be evil?
@Rayleon said:
" @crusader8463: i have a question  how can scanlation be evil? "
Without starting a debate about the pro's and cons of it, as there are many threads about this topic, lets just say that some people view scanlations as being wrong because it allows people to pirate manga without the original right holders consent. While most people view it as being in a gray area of the law, i believe it is technically illegal in most places, unless the companies who own the rights to the manga choose to act upon their rights the people make and host the scanlations are left alone under the gentleman rules that once a series becomes localized in that language it be removed. At least that's my understanding on the topic.
Post by Rayleon (461 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@crusader8463 said:
" @Rayleon said:
" @crusader8463: i have a question  how can scanlation be evil? "
Without starting a debate about the pro's and cons of it, as there are many threads about this topic, lets just say that some people view scanlations as being wrong because it allows people to pirate manga without the original right holders consent. While most people view it as being in a gray area of the law, i believe it is technically illegal in most places, unless the companies who own the rights to the manga choose to act upon their rights the people make and host the scanlations are left alone under the gentleman rules that once a series becomes localized in that language it be removed. At least that's my understanding on the topic. "
how else we got the trans of many wonderfull unreleased stuff?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel