I'm a Bonehead

Topic started by MyNiceIceLife on June 30, 2012. Last post by ohgodwhy 2 years ago.
Post by MyNiceIceLife (22 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I've watched some pretty dumb series in the time that I've watched anime, but I've also skipped or started and then dropped a series for something "better". Recently I've undone some of those past mistakes by watching both Soul Eater and Eureka Seven. Both were shows that I had started but for some reason got distracted with something else and just couldn't get back into them.

The first correction was with Soul Eater. I bought the blu-rays when they were cheap during the RightStuf Black Friday sales because of a friends recommendations. I watched the first episode and then never got around to watching anymore. A couple months ago after an anime convention I got around to finally watching it, and boy did I get addicted to it. The look, the story, the dialogue, the characters were all just so fantastic. Even for how long it was it was interesting through the entire show, even with some stupid filler here and there, "FOOL!". The thing that I noticed while watching the special features of the show was a lot of talk about Eureka Seven, which I didn't know the same studio made at first.

So, once I got done with Soul Eater and re-watching some of my favorite anime series I got around to resuming Eureka Seven (I actually just got done watching it less than an hour ago). I had gotten to episode 8 before I stopped watching it and this was back in 2010, so it was awhile ago. One thing that I knew was hard for me to get into the show was that it was a mecha. I've never been a fan of mecha's so it was kind of a put off, but after starting up again I quickly realized that it's SO much more then a mecha. I won't say I liked everything about it, too much whiny people especially the kids, but everything else was perfect. I'd be writing a essay if I went into the things I liked about it, but the few things I will point out is the love story of Renton and Eureka, the story of Holland, and how strong it ended just stand out so much. I wish all anime could end as well as Eureka Seven does, then I'd be a happy viewer all the time.

Now I go back and try and watch School Rumble in hopes that I have the same luck with it as I did with Soul Eater and Eureka Seven. I remember not liking it too much, which is something that wasn't true about the other two, but maybe it'll grow on me. With money being tight, hopefully the few things that I still haven't watched that I own prove to be gems like Soul Eater and Eureka Seven were.

Post by takashichea (10,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I got into Soul Eater with my little sister, and we got hooked on immediately. I haven't read the manga where the anime has left off. Same here, I don't have the luxury to buy anime or manga. I just rent DVDs and check out manga from the library.

I haven't tried Eureka Seven yet.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@takashichea: What's soul eater about?? just a little info not a lot because I don't like spoilers.. :)

Post by takashichea (10,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@DBZ_universe:

Soul Eater is about meisters who go to school at DWA, and they form a partnership with weapons who are humans that can turn into weapons. They hunt souls who have become bad. If a Meister's partner has eaten 99 souls and one witch's soul, the weapon becomes a Death Scythe. It's one of the goals in the anime until later on.

@takashichea: Sounds fun!! am gonna give it a try tonight!! am going to download it to my phone and read some chapters!! and later on watch the anime! also Thanks a lot for the info Mr. Takashichea!! :)

@DBZ_universe: I suggest watching Soul Eater with the dub instead of just subbed. I found the dub a lot better then the original Japanese voices.

@MyNiceIceLife: Ok.. I'll watch it first in dub (if it's dubbed by Funimation than it would be awesome)... then in Japanese... I also read some chapters last night (I downloaded all 99 chapters) on my phone... and it's a great and funny series..

Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I've started Eureka about 3 times now and I always end up getting to episode 7ish and stopping. I don't even know why because it seems really good. Maybe I'll finish it off the next time it starts.

@ohgodwhy: yea like i pointed out I got to episode 8 when I stopped, and when I went back I just rewatched that episode and kept going. I know the one thing that bugged me throughout the series was the little kids as they can really annoying especially in the beginning and I don't think I ever really liked them until the very end.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@MyNiceIceLife: I actually think that was the same reason I kept stopping. Those kids just kept grinding my gears.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel