I was banned from Giant Bomb! What should I do?

Topic started by pretender15 on Dec. 15, 2010. Last post by madarenrut 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by pretender15 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I was karma banned for one day for posting a highly controversial thread in which things got heated and I started a bit of a flame war. What should I do?
Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@pretender15: 
 Um...wait a day? Go outside and explore the world around you? Don't get too worried about internet drama? Contribute to this site? Find another gaming website to play with?
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
@pretender15:  Go outside and enjoy the day. If you won't ill ban you here too! XD (joking)
Post by pretender15 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@DocHaus said:
" @pretender15:   Um...wait a day? Go outside and explore the world around you? Don't get too worried about internet drama? Contribute to this site? Find another gaming website to play with? "
It's night time where I live lol
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
@pretender15 said:
" @DocHaus said:
" @pretender15:   Um...wait a day? Go outside and explore the world around you? Don't get too worried about internet drama? Contribute to this site? Find another gaming website to play with? "
It's night time where I live lol "
Same here but that does not stop me (the cold does though lol)
Post by FalseDeity (1 posts) See mini bio Level 6
https://auth.whiskeymedia.com/support/?from_site=giant-bomb  
 
... and cross your fingers I guess. 
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Ohhh....
 
Post by pretender15 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@Kelleth said:
" @pretender15 said:
" @DocHaus said:
" @pretender15:   Um...wait a day? Go outside and explore the world around you? Don't get too worried about internet drama? Contribute to this site? Find another gaming website to play with? "
It's night time where I live lol "
Same here but that does not stop me (the cold does though lol) "

Really? I like the cold :P
Post by pretender15 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 8
My supposedly 1 day ban was never lifted?
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@pretender15:  Your karma was actually at 12 meaning you had to wait a couple days before you could post again. I'll reset it it this time but be more mindful of your forum topics next time.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,913 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@zombiepie: @Kelleth: I have a question - Only Mods (and Staff) can see a person's Karma Points and said person cannot see his/her own karma points, right?
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
@Bigheart711:  I think that's how it works yes. (had not to deal with that for months now)
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Bigheart711:  This is correct. On his Giant Bomb account I was able to check and reset his Karma score. On Anime Vice I am not able to do this. I hope this clarifies any confusion you have.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,913 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Kelleth: @zombiepie:  Thanks for the memo.
Post by jasraj (9 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Same here buddy..i was banned from Comicvine...for 24 hours...i thought it was just untill the next day..but it was a full 24 hours, and it hasn't passed yet.....and i don't recognize anyone people..
Post by madarenrut (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

yea i dunno why i was banned either, have been for a long long time, just thought i would google it and this popped up. i just ranted about brad sucking at games and that he shouldn't let him being bad at a game affect a review. of course f-bombs were inserted here and there, but look at every other post on there it's a f bomb. so i figured that i must have offended a brad lover moderator and was there for banned for life.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel