How To Show Scans or Any Images

Topic started by takashichea on April 9, 2014. Last post by takashichea 3 months, 1 week ago.
Post by takashichea (10,862 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

In the battle forums, I seen too many users linking to pirated sites to show their evidence in their debates. I'm giving you ideas, so you won't break the rules. Some of these options will help when Anime Vice is lagging especially the image uploads with its Epic Fail menu pop ups and 504 errors.

When Anime Vice is not Lagging

Use your own user gallery. Organize it according to any categories you like. Take a look at my user gallery. I organized for my wiki projects and my teammates, so I can efficiently carry out my tasks and help new wiki editors.

When Anime Vice is Lagging

Option 1

Link to a legal simulpub or simulcast site.

List of Legal Simulpub Sites

• Crunchyroll
  • Viz Media

The downside is that it cost money. You have to buy a subscription.

Option 2

Use Image sharing sites.

This is the most preferred method and it's free, but I only seen a few folks using these websites.

You have Tumblr, Photo Bucket, Twitter. Use them to store your images. Then, drop a link in your comments.

If you have any new methods, let everyone know.

Online Now

I ran out of title space. It supposed to say How to Post Images and Scans Without Breaking the Battle Rules.

Also, this not apply to the OPs. You must physically upload the images.

Post by SMXLR8 (6,883 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

@takashichea: this is not the case for CAV's or tournaments right?

Online Now

@SMXLR8:

You guys can use this method since loading images right now is glitchy. Plus, I notice you guys dump so much scans that you need spoiler boxes. I don't know if you notice, the page lags with so much images especially if you're a mobile phone user. It's better to link to an image sharing site. This is not a rule. It's more of a suggestion.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,687 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea said:

@SMXLR8:

You guys can use this method since loading images right now is glitchy. Plus, I notice you guys dump so much scans that you need spoiler boxes. I don't know if you notice, the page lags with so much images especially if you're a mobile phone user. It's better to link to an image sharing site. This is not a rule. It's more of a suggestion.

Spoiler boxes are also useful for videos, right? There's always a ton of 'em in the Video Game Club in one post at times.

For images, I use my own gallery since using it anywhere else tends to spaz out.

Online Now

@Bigheart711:

That works too. Mainly, the battle users use scans. The problem today is that the uploads are glitchy. Plus, they kept using watermarked images. For them, the best method would be using those image sharing sites. Make it organized and clean the images.

Online Now

Since you have trouble, I made this thread for you battle folks. There are only 2 sites that have legal manga streams. Unfortunately, you can't link to them since they're subscription based.

You have to use your image gallery and build a small archive to use in the future or image sharing sites.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel