Hitman Reborn or Fairy Tail

Topic started by AniBleach on Nov. 12, 2012. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by AniBleach (8 posts) See mini bio Level 6

What anime, out of those two, would you recommend for someone who likes a good story, mixed with awesome action?

I'm trying to decide, because I want to watch an anime with my little brother. I want the story for myself, but I want to keep him entertained with action.

Post by sickVisionz (4,308 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I've seen about 13 episodes of Hitman. There wasn't any serious action in it to me, but it was goofy and funny. I think it eventually turns into this uber action show though. I've seen 25 or so of Fairy Tail and it was funny but the animation was lazy when it mattered the most and that turned me off. Plus it really really really puts a lot of emphasis on the power of friendship saving everyone. And it's a pretty shameless knock off of One Piece.

If I had to pick one back up, it would probably be Hitman. How young is your little brother and would he like comedy? I thought Hitman was a lot funnier.

Post by taichokage (14,376 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Eh, personally I prefer all 3 HST over both. Fairy Tail is alright but it really seems like a copy of One Piece but with less depth. KHR is a powerful shonen. Up to current times there are some very hax characters. But the story kills it. The ideas behind the arcs aren't so bad. Not very original but not bad, it's the execution. I swear. At the end of every battle, everyone just becomes friends, with like one exception. And formerly über badasses are ridiculed whenever a new powerhouse enters the scene. It seems almost like a cartoon network show to me. Endless evolving, very little true violence, no gore, nobody stays enemies, and so on. Were it not for Reborn (who interestingly isn't the main character) I wouldn't have been interested to begin with. Even though I have yet to see the entirety of Fairy Tail, it seems more interesting off the bat.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 15

KHR is one of my favorite anime. It was a bit boring at first but as soon as Xanxus came on it was pure awesomeness. I agree with the notion Fairy Tail is a knock off One Piece, it is really boring and after 3 episodes I dropped it.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,342 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Hmm, I can't recommend Fairy Tail, since it disappoint me to the point of quitting it or KHR, since I haven't watch it yet

So, I'll say Soul Eater :)

Wow. I didn't expect so many different responses.

Fairy Tail isn't a rip-off of One Piece. It's inspired, just like all shonen manga now are inspired by DBZ.

@sickVisionz said:

How young is your little brother and would he like comedy?

He's 11. He likes all of that stupid comedy you see on iCarly and whatever other Nick shows.

@Destinyheroknight said:

So, I'll say Soul Eater :)

I couldn't get into Soul Eater. The animation was so bad. I couldn't sit through it.

@AniBleach:

I couldn't get into Soul Eater. The animation was so bad. I couldn't sit through it.

???????? You sure you saw Soul Eater?

@Destinyheroknight said:

@AniBleach:

???????? You sure you saw Soul Eater?

Yup. I didn't like the artstyle. I really got bored with the show.

@AniBleach:

Oh, you should have said art style not animation

Post by sickVisionz (4,308 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@AniBleach said:

Fairy Tail isn't a rip-off of One Piece. It's inspired, just like all shonen manga now are inspired by DBZ.

Yeah, Bleach is inspired by DBZ but they don't draw Bleach characters to look like DBZ characters. They don't copy art style and characters.

Plus, One Piece currently the #1 manga series and it's still being made and still at the very height of it's popularity. It's not like Fairy Tail came out years after One Piece was done and is paying homage to it. It's piggybacking off of it's success by being "inspired" darn near to the point of IP theft.

If was just literal things like art style, maybe I could say it's just inspired. If it was just character types, maybe I could say it's just inspired. If it was just the make up of Natsu's team that was eerily similar to One Piece, maybe then I could just say it's inspired by. But when it's all three? That's a bit much.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@sickVisionz said:

@AniBleach said:

Yeah, Bleach is inspired by DBZ but they don't draw Bleach characters to look like DBZ characters. They don't copy art style and characters.

Plus, One Piece currently the #1 manga series and it's still being made and still at the very height of it's popularity. It's not like Fairy Tail came out years after One Piece was done and is paying homage to it. It's piggybacking off of it's success by being "inspired" darn near to the point of IP theft.

If was just literal things like art style, maybe I could say it's just inspired. If it was just character types, maybe I could say it's just inspired. If it was just the make up of Natsu's team that was eerily similar to One Piece, maybe then I could just say it's inspired by. But when it's all three? That's a bit much.

Exactly.

Post by takashichea (13,337 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@AniBleach:

Fairy Tail's story goes off at a tangent after episode 49 or so after Erza's arc because the author intended to end the manga at that point. It's become an aimless story without any objectives. For action, Fairy Tail battles are generally shorter than One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach's battles. Though, most fans would want to see more battles from the supporting characters and not Natsu Dragneel, who is the main character for most folks. For Natsu, his battles are just overpowering his enemies like how Goku does without any strategy whatsoever. (There was controversy over who was the main character since the anime show Lucy first. If I remember correctly)

Edit: I meant debate not controversy.

You and your little brother should give Fairy Tail a chance even though it's pretty generic. You have to get past the first 10 episodes to see what Fairy Tail is about. The most unique thing about Fairy Tail is its guild concept. You'll see it a lot, and it's a big homage to One Piece's idea of Nakama. I hope you and your little brother don't mind fan service. It's similar to One Piece's level except the Fairy Tail OAD is more intense with fan service.

Since I have not read Hitman Reborn, I can't comment on that.

My teammate JasonBog wrote a Beginner's Guide to Fairy Tail if you're interested in reading it.

I also watch anime with my brothers and sister. Both of my little brother and sister look forward to Fairy Tail, Magi, Sword Art Online, and Rock Lee's spin-off series this semester. They pretty much drop Naruto for Rock Lee since the spin-off series is more entertaining. I watch more mature content with my little sister since my youngest brother is in middle school.

@sickVisionz:

I agree with your statement with how all Shonen shows recycle concepts.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel