Hi Im new and goodbye thread

Topic started by Jewel on Feb. 7, 2009. Last post by Sonata 1 week, 2 days ago.
Post by Shadowchaos (3,596 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

@SonNeko: amen to that!

Post by takashichea (15,114 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Shadowchaos:

If you see someone posting bad comments, flag them and PM me, Dream, or any active forum mods to delete it.

Sorry, I just got home from work. I should be online until 2 AM.

Online Now

@takashichea: okay I will keep that in mind

Post by CouchPotatoOfDoom (11 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Oh, I didn't notice this. My bad.

But yeah, I'm new. Got introduced (sort of), to this site on some other one.

Seems to be fine.

Online Now

@CouchPotatoOfDoom: welcome to animevice if you have any questions let me or a mod know.

Post by Sonata (35,800 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@CouchPotatoOfDoom: Welcome to the Vice!!XD

Okay, did anybody else have to go through this "5 posts per day" thing? I've experienced restrictions when first posting on a site.

Online Now

@CouchPotatoOfDoom:

Yeah, everyone does go through that. Just post 5 a day until you reach 15 posts. 5 posts a day

Okay, that doesn't sound too bad.

Online Now

@CouchPotatoOfDoom: it's a method to control spam bots or people who arrive on the site just to cause trouble. Just make five posts a day and after 3 days your good.

And what's up with the flag icon next to my notifications box?

Post by taichokage (16,128 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@CouchPotatoOfDoom: The flag is the icon that shows who you're following when you hover over it.

Post by reiyo (868 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Shadowchaos: Did everyone had a 5 post limitation?? I don't remember having one.

Online Now

@reiyo: yeah everyone had one as far as I'm aware. Maybe you just didn't ever make five play posts a day and didn't notice.

Online Now

@reiyo: @Shadowchaos:

I think there is a time limit that hasn't been seen. I didn't post in the forums because I prefer wiki editing. I ignored the forums for half of year in my first year. I heard some users never had that issue, but they never post as often (daily). Most wiki editors who started new, I know some of them are shy and don't say much. Those folks don't comment in the forums unless they need help such as renaming wiki pages or image requests. I know some folks who don't go in the forums and have less than 100 posts. For me, I don't remember it and only heard about it a year ago when I became mod.

Online Now

@takashichea: interesting. I might make a account just to try that theory sometime

Post by reiyo (868 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Shadowchaos: maybe. I actually went straight to the battles board. So, oh well, maybe I just don't remember or it just didn't affect me.

@takashichea: Okay. Thanks for the clarification. And I only found out about it today.

Post by chill21 (74 posts) See mini bio Level 6

hi all. Im pretty new here. Right now i live in Jersey where i was born. but I've moved to and lived in many places like Australia (Melbourne ftw) and England.

My first anime was naruto, then one piece, then bleach. Once the bleach anime ended i started reading their mangas and branching out into other series like DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho and fist of the north star.

Some of my other interests are video games which im big on and music. I play the piano and the guitar and i pretty much integrate my love for music into all my other interests. Anime osts, video game soundtracks. Its all very important to me.

Not so big on sports although i do yoga at least once a week most weeks.

I try not to create conflict as much as possible. not one for flame wars.

I hope i can integrate into the community well. glad to be part of the site.

Online Now

@chill21: Hi there. Welcome to Animevice. If you have any problems or questions feel free to let me or a mod know.

Post by Sonata (35,800 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@chill21: Welcome to the Vice!:)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel