Hi Im new and goodbye thread

Topic started by Jewel on Feb. 7, 2009. Last post by Almighty_Anime 2 days, 17 hours ago.
Post by Boo (47 posts) See mini bio Level 3

You know how Comic Vine has quizzes, do we have quizzes?

Post by Sonata (35,509 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Boo said:
"

You know how Comic Vine has quizzes, do we have quizzes?

"
Yeah there are quizzes on here:)
Like what?
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Boo said:
"Like what?"
Hi^6 and here you go
Post by Tempest (895 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I think he was talking about quizzes like: http://www.comicvine.com/quiz/
o like those nope don`t think so at least i`ve never seen them on here
Post by ScarletKittie (132 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Hello, I'm Scarlet and I just arrived here a couple days ago. I prefer manga over anime just because I have a bit of a short attention span when it comes to movies/shows, though somehow most live action dramas manage to keep my attention. Don't ask me why because I have no idea.

Anyway, greetings to you all.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Heya Scarlet welcome!
I'm pretty much the same way. And when ya talk about live action dramas, do you mean the Asian ones? I can watch those despite them being really long (but I think the only reason why is to gawk at the cute boys on there as shallow as that sounds).
Post by ScarletKittie (132 posts) See mini bio Level 16
RedRoses said:
"Heya Scarlet welcome!I'm pretty much the same way. And when ya talk about live action dramas, do you mean the Asian ones? I can watch those despite them being really long (but I think the only reason why is to gawk at the cute boys on there as shallow as that sounds)."
Thanks! And yeah, I mean the Asian ones. I watch the ones that are about 10-12 episodes max, like Summer Snow or Beautiful Life. I don't think I could get myself to watch something the length of, say, Kamen Rider.
This Forum is quite inactive.
@Scarlet: Ahh yeah but I guess I have a bit more of a tolerant level where I can watch things up to 20ish episodes depending on how the drama is.

@Boo: Well... yes that's true but it's picked up a bit more speed than before. There needs to be more traffic on the site; however, most people just look at the news articles and do wiki stuff (and even then they may not do much). It's been a slow couple of months but in due time I'm fairly confident that it'll be more active later.
I hope so.  The people at Comic Vine are kinda hostle towards anime lol.
Boo said:
"I hope so.  The people at Comic Vine are kinda hostle towards anime lol."
I think its because of all the DBZ battle threads that always pop up on there;)
I always wondered why geek-doms always have to hate on other geek-doms. It doesn't make you any more "cooler" to like one thing from another. Frankly, in the general populace, you look like a loser no matter if you like comics, anime, or (not casual crap) videogames.
Of course, that's a blanket statement but you get the picture.

I've only read a couple American comics so I'm not seasoned/informed of the stuff that goes on at CV most of the time but I did enjoy a few that I've read. I won't start hating on it because just like anime, there are many types of comics out there that can fit with practically anyone. All it takes is a little bit of effort to find the one you like.

[/totally derailed thread]
Post by Tempest (895 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Boo said:
Nah, I'd say it's just a few people who are actually hostile to it xD. Then again there are a lot of people who are tired of DBZ fanboys specifically, since some of them have a tendency to troll in the battles forum >.>
Tempest said:
"Boo said:
Nah, I'd say it's just a few people who are actually hostile to it xD. Then again there are a lot of people who are tired of DBZ fanboys specifically, since most of them have a tendency to troll in the battles forum >.>"
Fixed XD
Post by Catastro (60 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Hi there, I sorta joined a couple months ago, but haven't posted until now.  I really enjoy reading manga and watching some anime. 
Awesome and glad to meet you! :)
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I'll try to keep the forums running
Post by NateDogg (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Hello, my name is Nathan and i'm from Canada.

Favorite anime's include Dragonball Z, Initial D, Bleach and Death Note.

I'm a hugeeeeeeeeee Initial D fan !  

Just wanted to leave my first post/introduction.

PS:  Cosplay section is great!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel