Have you heard of the Moral Monday Protests in North Carolina?

Topic started by Acura_Max on June 28, 2014. Last post by Acura_Max 2 months ago.
Post by Acura_Max (2,330 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Yes, I have heard of the protests.
  • No, I have not heard of the protests.
Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

What about them?

Post by taichokage (13,011 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Not until now so no.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,820 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Not at all.

Post by Vapovile (1,935 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Nope. What are they Acura?

Post by waybig1010101 (3,070 posts) See mini bio Level 14

No idea sorry

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

That's it? No explanation or anything? Just a poll that asks if we've heard of it? I'd lock this but the OP is a mod.

Post by Dream (7,489 posts) See mini bio Level 21

This should shed light on Acura_Max's poll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_Mondays

Post by takashichea (11,940 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I suppose Acura's experiences in Mississippi's Freedom Summer motivated him to start this poll.

Post by Acura_Max (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@sickVisionz said:

That's it? No explanation or anything? Just a poll that asks if we've heard of it? I'd lock this but the OP is a mod.

SickVisionz is right. If it were under other circumstances, this thread would have been locked. I was planning on adding more to this, but I just never found the time. Since this thread has little aim, I'll just lock it myself.

@Bigheart711: @waybig1010101: @Vapovile said: @Elfenlied1012:

Nope. What are they Acura?

They are a protest started by the NAACP and other groups in in North Carolina over the passing of some of conservative laws such as required ID for voting and the reduction/declination to expand healthcare for the people who need it. The protested have started around spring of last year and continue today. Since the start of the protests, people around of the country have come to protest the state. So far, 900+ people have been arrested for reasons such as "singing", "clapping" and "disturbance". I was wondering why the protest has not attracted more media attention since the 900 number is just the number of people arrested before 2014.

I also wanted to see if we could have a meaningful discussion about politics maturely or at least a discussion of whether we should be able to discuss such topics. Anyway, that will be another point of discussion I'll make in the future if it ever gets made. And if it does get made, the thread will be sure to be more specific and substantial.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel