Has our society really gotten this dumb?

Topic started by Dream on July 4, 2012. Last post by taichokage 2 years ago.
Post by Roman55 (98 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Hard to tell.

I live in the south.

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7

This requires a

Post by Samimista (178 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@EganTheVile1 said:

I will say that I was once a cashier at wal-mart and was threatened with physical violence by a person who I turned away from the express lane that visibly had over 100 items in their cart, it may seem like common sense, but unfortunately common sense serves little function in todays world, just look at the comments on youtube, or the videos on youtube for that matter. Though this probably was a bad idea, insults the illiterate in two regards, they cant read 15 items or less anyway, and can't read 15 is this many either, nor would this help people who cant count to 15, so corporate fail

You serious? 0_o Sorry to hear sounds like crazy drama. =S 100 items in a cart, that must of been hard to steer. At first I laughed when seeing the picture but after reading this, kinda sad how some people can't count to 15. And I agree, unfortunately not many use common sense and logic in today's world.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I do believe our society is getting dumber,,,, they are making everything for us to easy as well...

@DBZ_universe said:

I do believe our society is getting dumber,,,, they are making everything for us to easy as well...

I agree with this. People rely too much on the internet for knowledge as well. So much wrongs in today's world.

@Samimista said:

@DBZ_universe said:

I agree with this. People rely too much on the internet for knowledge as well. So much wrongs in today's world.

Not only that... Cell phones are getting more simpler to use... same as video games... seriously when I go to the library, it's empty... not like before.. it use to always be full....

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Samimista said:

@EganTheVile1 said:

I will say that I was once a cashier at wal-mart and was threatened with physical violence by a person who I turned away from the express lane that visibly had over 100 items in their cart, it may seem like common sense, but unfortunately common sense serves little function in todays world, just look at the comments on youtube, or the videos on youtube for that matter. Though this probably was a bad idea, insults the illiterate in two regards, they cant read 15 items or less anyway, and can't read 15 is this many either, nor would this help people who cant count to 15, so corporate fail

You serious? 0_o Sorry to hear sounds like crazy drama. =S 100 items in a cart, that must of been hard to steer. At first I laughed when seeing the picture but after reading this, kinda sad how some people can't count to 15. And I agree, unfortunately not many use common sense and logic in today's world.

It was around Easter, and mostly candy, namely a ton of individually wrapped cadberry eggs that needed to be scanned one at a time, the real kicker is that it was like 11 pm and no one was on line in the normal lines, including the register next to mine which I pointed out

EDIT: Idiocracy is coming true

Post by Kurohige (3,718 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Education is important, I'm am not the smartest kid around my school, hell when I was growing up I got smacked with a either a hanger piece or a big plastic spoon every time I messed up on a math problem (My worst subject since I was messing up on relatively simple problems for someone my age.) I am able to do it, I just require more time than most, and for that I was looked down upon during my early years of highschol. But even I believe out society is getting dumber, hence why we has those shows where a guy ask a bunch of 16-23 year old kids basic questions on things they should have learned in school and every time they look stupid, even questions like "What is the capital of the state you are in?" are hard for them. But perhaps we just lack discipline and diligence, I know I did, so I am find myself constantly trying to further my education. Basically signs like that don't surprise me nowadays.

@DBZ_universe said:

@Samimista said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Not only that... Cell phones are getting more simpler to use... same as video games... seriously when I go to the library, it's empty... not like before.. it use to always be full....

Well, I agree with cell phones getting easier for the older generation. That's something done right. Sucks though how easy it is to beat video games now. Haven't been to a library in years. People rely on Wikipedia now.

@EganTheVile1 said:

@Samimista said:

@EganTheVile1 said:

It was around Easter, and mostly candy, namely a ton of individually wrapped cadberry eggs that needed to be scanned one at a time, the real kicker is that it was like 11 pm and no one was on line in the normal lines, including the register next to mine which I pointed out

EDIT: Idiocracy is coming true

Lol at your edit! xD And wow, that's a lot of candy. D= Not even Pinkie Pie would eat that much.

@Samimista said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@Samimista said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Well, I agree with cell phones getting easier for the older generation. That's something done right. Sucks though how easy it is to beat video games now. Haven't been to a library in years. People rely on Wikipedia now.

Well the cell phone part I don't mind... the only video games now a days that give me a challenge is the Resident Evil games... cause even Mario games now a day are so easy compare to the 80's..

I think Wiki sometimes sucks.. I rely on text books... OR online books!

Post by Shotgun (6 posts) See mini bio Level 5

Its for the kids.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

maybe it's if a 5 year old goes to get groceries.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Shotgun said:

Its for the kids.

yep, pretty much. lot't of little kids goe alone in the mall/market alone.

Post by Fat_Magnum (2,493 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I find, as a general rule, whenever the question must be raised as to whether people are "that" dumb, in nearly any situation, the answer will be yes.

Post by taichokage (13,233 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Actually, though it is not necessary, it has a point. Many people seem to ignore the sign like they own the store or like the cashiers have nothing better to do then to ring up more items than they are required to. After some experience in retail, I never take people for granted in the market. For those that try and slip by, I'd say a somewhat insulting sign may be a proper response.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel