Gundam Assault Survive

Topic started by cfatalis on March 4, 2010. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 9 months ago.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Okay, whose buying this game?

so far it got all the uc until V gundam
wing gundam
00 season 1   (FLAAAAAAAAAAG)
gundam seed and seed destiny

so far customizing includes parts like booster and armor plating

if you are buying post the MS that you are going to main
Post by Luffy (166 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Having just bought Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, I'm not really in the market for more Gundam stuff anytime soon.  Game looks interesting though.
@Luffy: it's less massive than DW gundam 2, but with more customization to your MS and character, for me it's kinda a fanboy dream come true

imagine a super Flag
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Look kinda cool but without more info I don't know if it's a buy or just a rent yet.

@MoonStorm: it's for psp 

here's some Vids

basically it's like gundam vs gundam next plus, but with more MS and more enemy, and customizable mech
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Humm, a PSP game I need a new game for my PSP so this could be it.
@MoonStorm: on the other hand there's persona later on and sime good rpg
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@cfatalis: But why would you want something other than Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus (which comes out this month?)

@Luffy said:
" Having just bought Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, I'm not really in the market for more Gundam stuff anytime soon.  Game looks interesting though. "
How are you digging that? Would you recommend it to someone who doesn't normally buy Dynasty Warriors games?
@John_Martone: didn't GVGN+ came out sometimes ago? i am sure it's not this month, i mean i have finished it with all 
GVGN+ can only contain 4 MS at one time, while GAS can can contain 16 or more "mook" bots (you know those zaku, gm , and things) it has more roster(always a better thing), and more customization ( so in a sense you ace customed your mecha)
@cfatalis said:
" @John_Martone: didn't GVGN+ came out sometimes ago? i am sure it's not this month, i mean i have finished it with all  GVGN+ can only contain 4 MS at one time, while GAS can can contain 16 or more "mook" bots (you know those zaku, gm , and things) it has more roster(always a better thing), and more customization ( so in a sense you ace customed your mecha) "
Seems less Pew Pew... what I loved about GVG was how super fast paced and arcade-y feel. Plus, 16 on screens, if only 2 - 4 of them are players, doesn't sell me as much.
@John_Martone said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @John_Martone: didn't GVGN+ came out sometimes ago? i am sure it's not this month, i mean i have finished it with all  GVGN+ can only contain 4 MS at one time, while GAS can can contain 16 or more "mook" bots (you know those zaku, gm , and things) it has more roster(always a better thing), and more customization ( so in a sense you ace customed your mecha) "
Seems less Pew Pew... what I loved about GVG was how super fast paced and arcade-y feel. Plus, 16 on screens, if only 2 - 4 of them are players, doesn't sell me as much. "
on the contrary more pew pew, since well you have to kill a lot of people(and some are even more die hard that GVGN+, fucking neue ziel), you can expect mook mobile suit to die in few attacks 16 on screen is for the single player
4 player is multi so it only contain 4 mobile suit
it feel like a faster armored core 4 answer
Post by Luffy (166 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@John_Martone: 

this is more or less copied and pasted from a post I made on Giantbomb:

Having not played a game like this since Ninety Nine Nights 3 years ago, the whole experience is fresh(ish).  There are crazy numbers of robots onscreen at once, over the top anime-style special moves, and everything you could want from an anime-based dynasty warriors game.  What I was not expecting though, was the sheer amount of craziness they crammed into the game with mission mode.  The official mode is basically the original 3 series retold as missions for 4 characters, but mission mode is where the real bulk of the game is.  Excluding Gundam 00 and that weird chibi series, all gundam series are accounted for and interacting with each other in nearly 350 missions (.....yeah).  These aren't small missions either, they're full scale Dynasty Wars nonsense in which everyone fights against everyone in a crazy intricate and yet still nonsensical storyline.  

Point is, there are tons of characters, and tons of anime robots to pilot.  Hell you can even take out one of those small weak tanks with arms out into a battle (Zaku Tank for those of you who know what I'm talking about).  Will you ever want to?  HELL NO!  But you can.  I should probably say though that a big part of me liking this game is the fact that I love anime, and I've been known to love messed up crazy japanese games (Bullet Witch, fo life!) so if you have no patience for either of these things, then stay far far away.  I want to be clear here: this is not a technically great game.  You will find yourself failing missions because allies die or the timer runs out, or any number of bullshit stuff that's common for the Dynasty Warriors games.  What it does have though, is tons and tons of robots, and crazy, satisfying ways to kill them.  If that's what you're looking for, this game has your back.

As a little extra, the game staring giant robots fixes the classic Dynasty Warriors problem of all enemy minions looking the same.  Since they're robots, they're supposed to  and suddenly seeing armies of only 3 different robots seems awesome..
@Luffy: Hmm, good to know, thanks for the personal review. If I see it on the cheaps I'll have to pick it up.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel