Great but overlooked Anime?

Topic started by sceonn on Feb. 28, 2012. Last post by sceonn 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I just watched Toward the Terra, a superb anime. Sadly almost no one I know appears to even be remotely aware of it's existence, truly a shame. Also I've encounter the same obliviousness with The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari. I've also met such cases albeit on smaller levels with E's Otherwise. Gad Guard's also pretty unknown.

I'm not saying that No One watched any of these anime, just that awareness over them is not much which I find a little......

Post by sickVisionz (4,220 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Online Now

Erin, Kaiba, and Real Drive.

Post by Sonata (35,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Basilisk, Tokyo Majin are the first two that come to my mine.
Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@sceonn said:

I just watched Toward the Terra, a superb anime. Sadly almost no one I know appears to even be remotely aware of it's existence, truly a shame.

Are you talking about the 80's movie or the recent series? i often see people saying that regarding the movie, which i agree, imo it's better than the series.

Other examples that comes to mind: Infinite ryvius, Mouryou no hako, NieA_7, Windy tales, Kaiba, Noein and Ocean waves

@shels said:

Are you talking about the 80's movie or the recent series? i often see people saying that regarding the movie, which i agree, imo it's better than the series.

The movie not being known can't really be helped as it's pretty old, I actually came to know about it through the recent series. I thought it was pretty good too, you can't really compare recent adaptations to originals... But I really hope people take interest in such series.

Just recently saw Towa No Quon and Katanagtari, short great series!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel