Goku vs Superman - THE DEATHBATTLE THREAD & Don’s Opinion

Topic started by Donwun on Dec. 18, 2012. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,804 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now

@Destinyheroknight: You'll have to refresh my memory, which time are you talking about?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,298 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@MarioRedfield:

In the new 52 (forgot the issue number)

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight: Hm well I don't see the problem you're getting at here. Other than he's a little bit of a snoop

Post by Sonata (35,427 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Love reading the old vintage stuff, hilarious.

That was an awesome battle, enjoy the Vegeta and all of the T4S parts, but didn't like they destroy the planet (which neither would do)

Hope one day they can top it, but I still love Vegeta Vs Shadow more :)

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

Post by ReiKai (3,518 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I agree it was an awesome Death Battle. But like I said there, I disagree with their methodology concerning the estimation of Goku's abilities. The end result was still as I expected and I don't argue Superman would win. I only contend that Goku and the other Z-crew are a lot more powerful than their estimates suggested.
Post by waybig1010101 (3,313 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

i like how they proof that goku is FTL

Post by chrono122 (126 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Why wasn't goku using his instant transmission to fight superman like what he did against cooler

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,043 posts) See mini bio Level 16

It was pretty good. Really well done. And I liked that team 4 star helped out.

Their estimation of Goku's speed is downplayed. And why Goku didn't use IT the whole time I would wager is because, as noted, it requires him to Focus first and in a super-speed battle with Superman, he does not have that chance.

It was my contention that Goku, when achieving SSJ4, would have a Flightspeed of 15xLightspeed, and not 2.3x lightspeed. I based this on both the Gravity training, which proved the increase in PL was attributed to Speed as well. Speed and PL equivalency was also proven with the use of Kaioken.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Since when did Goku mindrape someone? And the random Senzu telekinesis? I felt they were giving Goku powers just because.

I was satisfied with the ending tho, Sun-dipped Superman is a badass!

Goku didn't mindrape people. He was trying to read Superman's mind like he did Krillin's to try and understand where Supes power came from. But Superman's mental shields blocked him. Goku can use TK, albeit he is limited with its use. Hence using it to pull out a senzu bean to fix himself from the pressure point damage.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ReiKai: Not that part he tried to mind rape him later. You should re-watch it again.

I didn't see any attempt to mindrape. But Superman did grab Goku by the head after the Solar Flare.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,043 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Destinyheroknight said:

That was an awesome battle, enjoy the Vegeta and all of the T4S parts, but didn't like they destroy the planet (which neither would do)

Hope one day they can top it, but I still love Vegeta Vs Shadow more :)

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

Death Battles are morals off. All fighters go for the kill by whatever means necessary.

@UltimateHero0406:

I still didn't like it, since they kill all there love ones

Online Now

f you think about it, Goku was the more awful of the two in the fight... if he hadn't started it...

Post by Kurohige (3,742 posts) See mini bio Level 19

You know it was not Earth that was blown up, it looks like Namek, and Superman has blown up other planets in his time. Earth is pretty much the only planet he holds back on. He has no ties to any other planet except Earth.

Post by Sonata (35,427 posts) See mini bio Level 20

That was impressive worth the wait, it was kinda of how I envisioned it.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Angry angry fans:

I expect a flood of DB vs comic character threads soon.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel