Goku vs Superman - THE DEATHBATTLE THREAD & Don’s Opinion

Topic started by Donwun on Dec. 18, 2012. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Supreme Marvel: Yeah but I'm saying people take it out of context anyway. Also I thought all of Superman/Batman was non canon?

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,063 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@MarioRedfield: The Supergirl arc in S/B was referenced in Supergirls ongoing right after it. And there were a few tie in issues with other crossovers.

Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7

How it should end.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,455 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@xlab3000: No they are not.

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Destinyheroknight said:

@mypasswordis1234:

A-a-a. When a dbz fan really act like a fanboy he say obvious false statements, like Goku vs Living tribunal.... with an argument like how cool Goku is. These are not annoying.

Also Goku can beat Marvel universe only using his base form, Kid Goku can beat the superman family, Goku can beat TOAA with no effect and Goku can stomp Superman. And they wasn't joking

The rest are just called fanboy because the disagreement. I told that Superman KO'd by a hard moon, and hardly can break the moon. Then the Supe fan said I downplaying(lowballing). Then I said to prove it and he shown PC Supe feats. Even when the OP said new 52 version. These are annoying, unfirendly, stubborn persons, who only debate to defend his beloved character or hating on dbz character. Or here on animevice when I asked to prove Galactus' galaxy buster "retard dbz fanboy thinks Goku beat Galactus" I got this by multiple persons.

No, the reason is call reasonable fans, if they don't be claiming Goku can beat anyone and is the strongest.

Why did you use that feat? The hard moon was before the new 52

Also I see it for both sides, heck if you go to Broly Vs Omega thread on here. You will see people wanking about Broly and don't listen to reason and act like little kids. People need to learn how to put there Fandom in there place and think about things

So? Is that a sin? You can see such Batman mismatches too, not so long threads because the majority on the same opinion... this dbz fanboys thing exaggerated.

If you think Goku can't beat someone that's a disagreement and don't make anybody fanboy. If I have enough reasons to tell that Goku can beat Superman and no one could convince me(I could be convinced) then I am not a fanboy and no on fanboy who act the same, period.

Of course here a lot of people think Goku not even stronger than Spiderman so you call battles mismatches soon.

Others used that feat. I haven't seen a new52 durability feat then, but pre-new 52 is close to him. Closer than PC Supe or 1991 version 616 Superman.

@MarioRedfield said:

@mypasswordis1234:

The rest are just called fanboy because the disagreement. I told that Superman KO'd by a hard moon, and hardly can break the moon. Then the Supe fan said I downplaying(lowballing). Then I said to prove it and he shown PC Supe feats. Even when the OP said new 52 version. These are annoying, unfirendly, stubborn persons, who only debate to defend his beloved character or hating on dbz character. Or here on animevice when I asked to prove Galactus' galaxy buster "retard dbz fanboy thinks Goku beat Galactus" I got this by multiple persons.

Was that me? I'm GunGunW on ComicVine. I was trying to explain there are multiple factors to said being KO'd by a moon bust and trying to say that using that would be an example of lowballing. It's like comparing destroying a car with a shotgun as opposed to you know, actually ramming yourself into and destroying it. If you shot Master Roshi out of a canon and he hit the moon, he'd probably die horribly.

Plus also, almost all of Superman's low end durability feats can be explained whether he wasn't charged with enough solar energy or there was magic involved. Like that one scan of Hawkman so called KOing Superman was the most taken out of context thing I've ever seen. Superman was bleeding because he was punched in the face by Captain Marvel, someone both equal to Superman in power and possessing highly powerful magic. Plus, if you read the actual story, Hawkman states he's hitting him in the face with the force of the entire planet. Not to mention al it did was knock him down, it didn't appear that he gave him any damage or even actually knock him out. Besides, in the end, Superman and Batman win that fight. They made it look like Cap and Hawman won if I'm not mistaken. I own that arc, it's one of my favorites.

That wasn't you. But as I said, many people say that's a lowballing. I have to hurry now so I don't get into details. That isn't lowballing from my part, just no one showed contradictions from that version of Supe.

@mypasswordis1234 said:

Of course here a lot of people think Goku not even stronger than Spiderman so you call battles mismatches soon.

Spider-Man's strength is around 20-25 tons from what I've seen. So no, he's not stronger than Goku. Spider-Man would be beaten well by Goku.

Others used that feat. I haven't seen a new52 durability feat then, but pre-new 52 is close to him.

You've seen him lift a planet for 5 days right? Everyone's shoved that in everyones face by now. I know I've tried a lot. :D So we've seen Supergirl hit Superman, we know she is notoriously for lack of control of her power. She was probably hitting with close to full force. That COULD have been near the strength of a planet because of her lack of control. Again that's more speculation.

616 Superman.

616 is the main universe of Marvel. Unless you were just joking?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,168 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@mypasswordis1234:

So? Is that a sin? You can see such Batman mismatches too, not so long threads because the majority on the same opinion... this dbz fanboys thing exaggerated.

I also call them Batman fanboys (also it mainly jokes), you seem like you are turning a blind eye for your side. Both side are as bad

This thread. Doesn't matter how many times and how simple you explain, a certain user will repeat the same bullsh1t eventually.

You said that on a DBZ thread, it not exaggerated (if it wasn't, that thread would be shorter)

If you think Goku can't beat someone that's a disagreement and don't make anybody fanboy. If I have enough reasons to tell that Goku can beat Superman and no one could convince me(I could be convinced) then I am not a fanboy and no on fanboy who act the same, period.

You misunderstand what I was saying. I was saying that people who refuse feats and don't acknowledged would have trouble

There is also people that say Krillin is stronger then Superman

Others used that feat. I haven't seen a new52 durability feat then, but pre-new 52 is close to him. Closer than PC Supe or 1991 version 616 Superman.

It doesn't matter, you should have know some of Superman new feats if you was debating about it. (Also there is no 616, that Marvel)

Post by LordTerminal (67 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Am I the only one who doesn't really care who wins? If I have to root for someone, it's Superman and only based on the fact that it keeps people from thinking Death Battle has a track record of constantly making the DC heroes lose. (See Batman and Wonder Woman's Death Battles)

Otherwise, I'm not going to even bother complaining with the outcome. I just want this match to be over and done with so Death Battle can move on to more interesting Anime-related match ups.

Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Feh. The only DB matches I felt were off was "Link vs Cloud". Cloud was totally shafted. He pretty much had Only his starting equipment, while Link had pretty much his entire arsenal of equipment. Fire and Lightning materia have the same damn effect,, so it didn't matter which he used since Link's Hyrulian Shield would auto-stop it. He had no AoE, no Summons, no Enemy Skill materia, not even his Newer, Better sword. And despite the fact that at Baseline, Cloud is massively faster than Link and could easily get behind him and the shield, they didn't play it out.

They also played it like Cloud is a dunce. He has all the memories of a 1st-Class SOLDIER. If Link can withstand several tons of pressure because of his Gauntlets, and they said it doesn't give him super-strength, grabbing the shield and yanking it out of his grasp should be child's play for Cloud, who is easily, Physically stronger than Link. Though honestly, one Master Magic materia and *Blam* Flare AoE or Ultima and Link is down.

That was pretty much my only real grievance.

I hope Goku wins... if he does, I will celebrate by going to an all you can eat buffet.

@DBZ_universe: Even if he loses, you'll still go.

@Supreme Marvel said:

@mypasswordis1234 said:

Spider-Man's strength is around 20-25 tons from what I've seen. So no, he's not stronger than Goku. Spider-Man would be beaten well by Goku.

Others used that feat. I haven't seen a new52 durability feat then, but pre-new 52 is close to him.

You've seen him lift a planet for 5 days right? Everyone's shoved that in everyones face by now. I know I've tried a lot. :D So we've seen Supergirl hit Superman, we know she is notoriously for lack of control of her power. She was probably hitting with close to full force. That COULD have been near the strength of a planet because of her lack of control. Again that's more speculation.

616 Superman.

616 is the main universe of Marvel. Unless you were just joking?

I was debated here for many pages Goku 40ton thing was a PIS and only 2 person said IIRC they agree with me. 40ton/limb=10ton.

"That could have been near the strength of a planet" - How do you figured it out? Because it have no relevance for Superman's lifting feat. Also Superman survive that strong hit, without speculation. That is not the question. He knocked out by it.

Either that dude was joking or I remember wrong, but he said some 6XX Superman. I asked him but he didn't tell. Just took a note "you should read Superman" and "re-read 6XX Superman from time to time" or like this. I couldn't find that thread but here are those pics.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61051/1565890-adventuresofsuperman477fe6_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61051/1565891-adventuresofsuperman477mg7_super.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7775/durability49cp.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/851/durability11pn.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/ActionComics847b.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/ActionComics847c.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/ActionComics847d.jpg

I think made a fail about the linking, you have to copy it.:D

@Destinyheroknight said:

@mypasswordis1234:

I also call them Batman fanboys (also it mainly jokes), you seem like you are turning a blind eye for your side. Both side are as bad

This thread. Doesn't matter how many times and how simple you explain, a certain user will repeat the same bullsh1t eventually.

You said that on a DBZ thread, it not exaggerated (if it wasn't, that thread would be shorter)

You misunderstand what I was saying. I was saying that people who refuse feats and don't acknowledged would have trouble

There is also people that say Krillin is stronger then Superman

It doesn't matter, you should have know some of Superman new feats if you was debating about it. (Also there is no 616, that Marvel)

I didn't say any bad things for the Batman side either. I say again. My opinion is, the obvious mismatches are not annoying, maybe just funny. The majority agree on those battles and even if somebody not, the debating is easy.

" This thread. Doesn't matter how many times and how simple you explain, a certain user will repeat the same bullsh1t eventually." I just quoted in a dbz thread, but I said that in Thanos vs Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagan battle.

About exaggerated: I referred to the original thought why this discussing started. Sonata said that the dbz fanboys are rabid wolverines or what. No. There aren't more bad dbz debater than Thor, Hulk, Batman, Superman, or any popular character. And nobody worse than the other.

" You misunderstand what I was saying. I was saying that people who refuse feats and don't acknowledged would have trouble" I think I misunderstood then. Well, I never seen anybody(ok, I did similar in this thread) who doesn't accept a feat from Superman. But I have seen: Piccolo's moonbusting was a PIS, Goku didn't push a real rock because that is hard, that must have a softer something, Buu's dimension screaming was a plothole or what, and everything which not stated by a narrator is a speculation so doesn't count as a feat. I don't know how much this related to your sentence, I just shared my experiences.:)

" There is also people that say Krillin is stronger then Superman" That would be hard to prove, because he doesn't have so many feat, but because he isn't an important fighter, he could also roflstomp Spiderman... the difference is bigger at Goku vs Spiderman than Krillin vs Superman, and there are less people who say that... but whatever.

" It doesn't matter, you should have know some of Superman new feats if you was debating about it. (Also there is no 616, that Marvel)" The planet lift for 5 day was showed and mentioned multiple times. After 10 pages and a lot of battle reading, If no one showed a better feat, then I think I can believe that there wasn't yet. I asked it too. If they can show a better durability feat from that version of Superman, maybe I will change my mind, I can convinced.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,491 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Wasn't a test for Goku way back in DB to move a 100 ton+ boulder a couple of feet? So I don't know how anyone can say Goku can only lift 40 tons.

@ReiKai: I agree with that, that Cloud vs Link fight was terrible. Otherwise I can agree with pretty much most of what they say.

@ohgodwhy: Because they didn't stated how heavy that boulder is...

Supreme Marvel: I searched that dude's post, and he said "Look up Superman 663 Time and Time again......."

@mypasswordis1234 said:

I was debated here for many pages Goku 40ton thing was a PIS and only 2 person said IIRC they agree with me. 40ton/limb=10ton.

I never brought that up in this thread. So I don't know why you are. But I'm willing to believe that it was 40 tons on each limb. It would make so much more sense and tie in Dragon Ball a bit more, because I felt that had a lot more fantasy elements to it than the seriousness of Z.

However, how is it PIS? It was designed to show what Goku can do. To impress the opponent. That is why you get South Kai's reaction after he's lifted it with ease when turning super saiyan. That was meant to impress for lifting feat. In their universe it probably was impressive. Superman in his world, that weight Goku was lifting isn't anywhere near impressive.

More on the PIS. Makes no sense why you think that, because when you get that in comics is because there are so many different writers for Superman. There in one writer for Dragon Ball Z. If he wants to show that, he can. If he thinks that is an impressive feat for Goku, then that's what he, the creator thinks.

Superman has changed over the years power ups, power downs, now they're getting to a point where they deem him okay.

"That could have been near the strength of a planet" - How do you figured it out? Because it have no relevance for Superman's lifting feat. Also Superman survive that strong hit, without speculation. That is not the question. He knocked out by it.

I meant speculation that she was using anywhere near her full force when punching him.

I searched that dude's post, and he said "Look up Superman 663 Time and Time again......."

He meant read Action Comics 663. That's the story he meant. We all make mistakes. :P

@Supreme Marvel: "I never brought that up in this thread. So I don't know why you are." Read back. And That was 10t per arm, they said that exactly. And you really think that they only that strong, as I said exactly. You represent those bad debaters I brought up for examples, not just for the 40t opinion.

" meant speculation that she was using anywhere near her full force when punching him." Lifting strength=/=punching strength.

"He meant read Action Comics 663. That's the story he meant." - Whatever, I born in 91 when that comics made. I am pretty sure in that the new 52 or pre 52 is not that old, not even mention PC Sup.

@Supreme Marvel said:

@DBZ_universe: Even if he loses, you'll still go.

lol.. no I wouldn't... I would go to a small cafe.

Also Goku vs Supes has been cancelled today since the dudes did not finish the animation in time... T_T but hey, they said they were up 3 days and that's crazy! so I'll wait.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@mypasswordis1234: I think the only thing that undeniable is that typically Superman has more physical strength than Goku. Other than that everything seems pretty heavily debatable

I was brining up why Spider-Man would lose to Goku. Spider-Man only has the strength of 20-25 tons. I know Goku has been shown to lift more during after Cell saga. I've read them manga, I own the manga, we've talked about the same thing before. It's like you thought I was saying Goku would lose so you put evidence of what Goku can lift.

I represent one of those bad debaters? You really are a disrespectful person.

" meant speculation that she was using anywhere near her full force when punching him." Lifting strength=/=punching strength.

That's real life mate. In comics lifiting strength usually translate to punching strength.

"He meant read Action Comics 663. That's the story he meant." - Whatever, I born in 91 when that comics made.

Well if are 21/22 than act like it and show some fucking resepct. I was actually trying to be firendly about the mistake you made. If you want it that way, I won't show you any respect.

I am pretty sure in that the new 52 or pre 52 is not that old, not even mention PC Sup.

What the hell are you talking about here mate? New 52 is not that old? You mean the universe? Superman in the 52? Are you high when you type?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel