DREAMcast Ep 36 - Worldwide Animation Awareness & WAKFU

Topic started by Donwun on July 1, 2013. Last post by Donwun 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Donwun (120 posts) See mini bio Level 12

DIRECT DOWNLOAD: HERE

BACK! for another episode of DC….it’s sure has been a while hasn’t it folks :oP

On this episode we are stepping somewhat outside the realm of anime discussion with an episode focusing on WORLDWIDE animation awareness.

As we have stated in the past we here at Planet Tyro are fans of animation in it’s entirety not just Japanese animation alone and as such I wanted to address a few hot topics / related emails we have come across on such topic

As mentioned on the podcast I was a bit embarrassed to realise when a listen emailed us in asking do we know anything about international Animation Day we all drew a complete blank

So to that end on this episode we are joined once again by our friendly returning guest KIMONO JOE who chimes in on the matter at hand

Let’s not forget we got a complete series review for the underrated WAKFU animated series

So here is the rundown with all the relevant timestamps and linked mentionables

1. DISNEY CLOSES IT’S 2D ANIMATION DEPT – 2D ANIMATION IS OFFICIALLY DEAD?!? - (Start - 42:00)

2. WHAT IS THE IAFA & WHAT’S UP WITH THE ANNIE AWARDS (42:01 - 1:04:00)

3. WAKFU ANIMATED SERIES REVIEW (1:04:00 - 02:14:04)

4. OTHER UPCOMING JUICY NON-ANIME-ISH ANIMATED PROJECTS (02:14:04 - END)

Other Linked Mentionables On This Episode

The Thief And The Cobbler ( With The NC Review), Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time (I bullshit you not!),Kairos,Baidir,Ladybug, A Kind of Magic, Kaena: The Prophecy, URBANCE

*Editors Note: You know what, after editing this episode I kinda feel like I spent a little too much time on America’s justified self-promotion with their animation projects opposed to the IAFA’s lack there of on a whole.

Well for the sake of clarity I just want to empathize my major gripe with animation awareness at this point has more to do with the IAFA’s every country fends for themselves publicity method rather than having a somewhat neutral international platform to promote animation from all corners of the globe in a central event. Which is NOT what the Annie awards are.

I mean seriously we should not all rely on America to solely do promotion for every other country in the world in terms of publicity / promotion – they would clearly have their own self interests and many good / unknown shows will go unnoticed. Yes, admittedly financially they are certainly in a better position to do so opposed to other countries but I would think it would actually be the IAFA’s job to promote international titles equally on a quality basis – that is my idea of worldwide animation awareness.

Alas, I got caught up in talking about the 2 major powerhouses again….them being being America / Japan….anyhow we have some more worldly reviews coming soon so stay tuned

Laters

- DON

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel